Learn about ALS
Country
aus
State
south Australia
City
Adelaide
Hi,

I am a 28 year old female from austalia and have had muscle twitching in my biceps, calves and feet for 7 weeks. I don't think I have weakness and vitamin levels were in normal range. Only my ck levels were mildly elevated. I'm booked in with a neuro in 3 weeks time. Does this sound like mnd? Of course I googled muscle twitching and mnd was the first page full of results and have scared myself for the last 7 weeks thinking its a possibility and have since got some shortness of breath which could be an anxiety factor. I've even gone to measuring my limb circumference looking for loss of muscle mass. I'm still going to the gym etc and no problems there. Balance isn't an issue, neither is speech other than I talk way to fast and words don't come out right. I have a wonderful boyfriend of 9 years and haven't mentioned anything other than twitching which he says he gets too as does my dad due to sciatica. Thanks for listening

Leeb

Hi there. Please read the stickies in the "Do I have ALS?" section. They're the posts at the top of the list when you enter that forum. Your concerns will be addressed there.

Relax, Leeb! Do read the stickies. There's a good thread on anxiety also.

Ck levels are usually normal in MNDs, especially early on, so that points away from ALS. So does your young age and lack of any weakness. Hopefully that provides you with some reassurance as you await your appointment. In the meantime, avoid the google and focus on the things you enjoy doing. Take care and let us know how the doc visit goes.

Hi there,

Thanks for your responses. Our parameters in Australia cut off at 150, mine were 183. I have read the stickies, thanks for that I didn't know it starts in one limb, I guess my twitching has spread in such a short frame of time. I have heard of a few cases of als my age and younger, the twitching came on suddenly one morning, up until then I was perfectly fine.

I wrote another post for you but it was moderated. It should show up soon.

Twitching from what I hear in the absence of weakness is nothing to worry about : ). I twitch so often, I try to ignore it as much as I can.i know how it is to be worried. Message me anytime.

Generalized body wide twitching without weakness isn't ALS, so relax. If you are really worried, talk to your family doc. Check about benign fasciculation fasciculation syndrome and read thempost by sadiemae on twitching, and mine on weakness.

Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back