Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
City
Fulshear
Hi I am a 20 year old male. About a week ago I began to notice that my right hand was weak and it was sometimes hard to grasp my pencil during lectures. The strength of my grip comes and goes depending if I am standing or if I am sitting. I have a stronger more normal feeling when I'm standing compared to when I'm sitting and my hand becomes noticeably weaker. My hand is also more weaker during the morning than the evening. I often think of the worst when I develop symptoms like this and so I have come here to ask if ALS typically has early symptoms like this or if I'm overthinking it. I am going to the doctor tomorrow.

Let us know how it goes after your appointment. We always advise people to visit with their doctors if they have health worries, as a clinical exam is the first place to start. You can also read here: Read Before Posting for answers to the most commonly asked questions. It will give you some things to think about and perhaps help you clarify what questions to ask your doctor tomorrow.

Oh wow that post makes me feel more confident that it that ALS thank you very informative

Update: My doctor thinks it’s because of my position when using the computer. Not the most healthy for my hands. She cleared some things up with me and now I’m no longer worried about having ALS. Thank you for the post that you linked it really helped me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back