Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
NZ
State
Waikato
City
Hamilton
For the past 2-3 years I have noticed my hands shake, to the point where it's difficult for me to, say, take a focused photo. About 2 months ago, a friend of mine noticed that the "shake" carried on up through my arm, like some kind of muscle spasm.

Over the past couple of days, I've experienced numerous symptoms, such as this same shaking feeling that I get in my hands appearing in other parts of my body, such as my bicep or neck. Occasionally I will feel as if my grip is significantly weaker, and sometimes my legs feel like jelly after standing up. I also sometimes get the feeling of a lump in my throat, and it feels kind of weird to swallow, though it's not difficult. When I play my guitar, which is something I do every day, it feels a little stiff. On one occasion I got the sensation that I was about to lose control of my feet.

I took these symptoms to Dr. Google, and after some digging I found one disease that sounded like a lot of the symptoms I have - ALS. Of course, I panicked and panicked and panicked to no end, which in turn brought me here.

If what I described sounds nothing like this disease and there's no point in me even being on this forum then I sincerely apologize for wasting your time, I only want assurance if anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. No. There's no reason to be thinking about ALS, there. I suggest asking your general practice medical doctor for advice. This could be as simple as nutrition, and complicated. But there's no reason you would be thinking about ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back