00/0000
Country
FR
State
FR
Hello,
I am a 26-year-old Frenchman.
Sorry for my English....
I read the pinned topic <read before posting>.

My symptoms are :

- For the last five days, fasciculations (like worms) in my right and left thigh. I don't feel them, or very little. I also have some in my calves, but they need to cramp voluntarily to see them. In my thighs no need to contract, the worms are always present.
- For the last two months, other fasciculation or jolting are present everywhere (arm, belly, back) but they are not worms like my thigh. Fasciculation also appears at the blow (percussion) and in the cold.

-For 2 months, my walking has been deteriorating, a limp has appeared, and is not disappearing. I leave my right leg lying around. It's my right leg that's affected. My feet are tapping the ground more and more often.

-For the last eight months, I've choked twice in the night. A little trouble swallowing. Sometimes food stays in the throat, I don't choke. I cough after drinking or eating. Presence for 8 months, white and transparent mucus.

- Little pain in my heels, because they got stiff. Very rarely abdominal cramps. It's bending me in half. Pain spots are sometimes present in my heels, thighs, stomach. (I read in your thread, Als no pain. But muscular pains are present and cramps also, in any case in France, doctors recognize the presence of cramps, and pain due to the stiffness of the muscles. But it's rare.).

- Stiff neck, more to the left, constant. My head is heavy, I have trouble keeping it straight.

- I drop objects very regularly.

August 1st. I made an emg lower right leg and forearm, but straight, it's clean. After emg the neurologist said no als.

I'm seeing the neurologist again in 2 weeks, because I called him to tell him that the fasciculations have looked like worms for 5 days. I am very worried that sla is going to pass through the emg.

I'm sorry to post, I'm really ashamed of myself for doing it.
I wouldn't question your answers. I would just like some advice. I know you're not doctors.
You are so generous to respond to anxious people. I admire your courage.
I would also like to make a donation, but with the Internet I don't trust, in France there have been scandals. In particular an association that stole the money for the fight against cancer. I'm not rich, but if you have a serious research association, I would like to make a donation.

Thank you for your future answers.

Thank you for reading the “Read before posting” sticky.

Some people have described their fasciculations (twitches) as worm-like. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless.

Given how widespread your symptoms are, the clean EMG rules out ALS. That’s not to say you don’t have something going on. It’s just not ALS.

Keep working with your doctors to figure this out.

Thank you very much for your answer.
I see my neurologist on September 9. I'll do an update.

Hello.

Update,

I saw the neurologist, he prescribed a brain and spinal cord IRM.

My symptoms have not changed.
The only thing different is that under the skins of my belly, there are like worms or like the alien film.
It moves under the skins of my belly.
I don't feel it at all. My friend told me that when I was with him at the pool. I hadn't noticed before.
I'm afraid because the fasciculations that don't feel good are a bad sign. It's a bad sign when others see it.....
My brain Irm will be on October 3rd. My spinal cord Irm on October 10th.

What do you think about those moves under the skin I can't feel?
Because in the topic to be read, most of the fasciculations in als do not feel, it is the others who see first.

I'll update you after my exams.

Thank you for your future answers.
Strength and courage to you.

No. The feeling or not feeling the important post refers to loss of function NOT twitching. It matters not whether twitches are felt or not, visible or not. Twitching in isolation is meaningless and without weakness detected by the doctor meaningless. Even with weakness itis usually something else

Thank you for your answer.
On the other hand, my stomach jolts are still present, they don't disappear. It's not a tremor that appears and then disappears. Good thing I can't feel them or I won't be able to sleep.
One more question and then I'll come back for an update after the IRM.
My emg was done with my right foot to the right knee, and from my right hand to my right elbow. Very few muscles/nerf tested. I have genes (no pain) in my left shoulder. My jolts are mostly outside the areas tested by the emg.
Moreover, I had very few symptoms at the time of my emg, it got worse afterwards. Is my emg valid? The neurologist does it in 25-30 minutes. He would have already detected an anomaly even very early on in the disease?
Moreover I do not understand the graphs, especially with the needles the amplitudes differ between the right and left side (for the needles and also to the left, same bottom of the legs and bottom of the arm). The electricity was only made on the right. The neurologist concluded that the emg was normal.

In ALS, the abnormalities are widespread, often in areas with no symptoms yet. So the EMG is very good at picking up changes of ALS early, before the onset of weakness in a given area. Not every muscle area needs to be tested. Neurologists sometimes choose to test just a few muscles and stop if everything looks normal. If the few muscles tested show abnormalities, then they will likely continue to test more areas.

So in your situation, twitches and jolts mean nothing. Your EMG was normal. You don’t have ALS. Congratulations. Time to move on.

Thank you very much for your answer.

I will continue to look for what causes my symptoms, with my doctor and neurologist.

I'll do an update after my IRM.
To reassure anxious people like me who will read this thread.

Thank you very much for your kindness, and your enlightened answers.
Your courage is admirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back