Reason
Other
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Union City
I've had twitches everywhere and yes in the past they've scared me. I seemed support from strangers and thank God people have been kind enough to humor me and reassure me I am oK.

After what I thought was a restful nights sleep I awoke and my tongue was twitching on the right side. A small spot just pulsating in and out. It's 12 hours later and it's still there on and off.

I realize a lot of people are afraid when they see their tongue twitching when they stick it out but this is happening while my tongue is "at rest" in my mouth.

I am a 32 year female, mother and wife and I'm fighting hard to not allow this to consume me. If anyone would be so kind as to reach out and let me know if this is a worrisome symptom, I would appreciate it.

Just because it's in your tongue doesn't make the responses to your previous post incorrect.

You no more have als now than you did a month ago.

But you seriously need to seek help for your anxiety.

You don't have ALS. No way. No how. And you're not going to get ALS.
Twitching is very common in many, many conditions, including tongue twitching. It is not diagnostic of anything.

In ALS, twitching occurs with muscles that are being paralyzed. If you can stick out your tongue, it isn't paralyzed.
Come back if you find muscles that are limp, useless, paralyzed. Even then, there may be many reasons other than ALS.

We can't tell you what's wrong with you--if anything--because we're not doctors. But we know ALS really well and you don't have it.

It did eventually go away... the tongue twitch. Now they have returned... cheek, lip, under eye... chin. I even feel these slight tingling / vibration sensations. The twitches are not constant.. i'll get a quick pop on my chin.. then a quick pop on my cheek. What is that ? :-(

Every time I get one in my face, an adrenaline rush surges through my body and I get panic attacks... and then i find myself desperate for reassurance.

Dittarco: We've given our replies. Now you must go elsewhere.
The people minding this board are dealing with sure death by paralysis. For some of us, we want to be helpful to others who have or might have ALS, but it is difficult working a mouse with your foot or scrolling a screen with blinks of the eye.

Time for you to take our advice and go elsewhere. Try to fix your anxiety. Not here.

You answered your own question......"adrenaline rush surges through my body and I get panic attacks". ALL your "symptoms" scream anxiety. Get help for that, it can consume you! Stay away from this forum. You do not have ALS.

If it is ALS, why worry? There is nothing anyone can do to stop it once it starts.
My advice is Xanax...

I apologize for not following the rules… I could have sworn this thread was closed but it was a different thread I had started. So I do want to apologize for making anyone angry. I just want to ask one more question before I permanently block this website from my phone and every other device in my home that allows me to use the Internet.

Yesterday I had a neurology appointment which I had scheduled a few months ago when I initially started to worry about my symptoms. As you can see from my previous posts I was and still am having intermittent muscle twitching, the most concerning twitching occurring within my face. The twitching is in constant I'll have a twitch here and there sometimes it just feels like a pop in my chin or Mayeye are in my cheek worry about my symptoms. As you can see from my previous posts I was and still am having intermittent muscle twitching, the most concerning twitching occurring within my face. Twitching is mot constant ..I'll have a twitch here and there sometimes it just feels like a pop in my chin or a quick vibration.

The neurologist heard me out and immediately wanted to schedule and NCV and EMG to which I quickly replied "no" and asked her if she would perform a clinical exam. She had told me just by looking at me it did not appear as if I was having any neurological issues. She told me that patients with neurological issues are usually easy easily spotted upon simply observing them.

She told me that patients with neurological issues are usually easy easily spotted Upon looking at them. The clinical exam was normal… She had me push and pull my upper and lower body against hers. She kept inside of my mouth she looked at my eyes with a light… She checked my reflexes. She told me all was normal. She had me walk in a straight line close my eyes lift up my hands and arms.

She told me that if I wanted to come back and still haven't NCV an EMG that I could. She told me it would be a good idea to keep on file I guess of my anxiety or my brain cannot be convinced of what she was telling me. So my question to all of you is should I stop here? Or go through with an EMG?

I actually thought I was past this but then I mistakingly and stupidly clicked on a thread titled fasciculations and started reading… Some people on here who cla I actually thought I was past this but then I mistakenly and stupidly clicked on a thread titled fasciculations and started reading… Some people on here who are "diagnosed" mentioned having fasciculations before other symptoms. I also want to mention that the doctor said she could not see any fasciculations as I was sitting there going through the exam… While I was there I did feel what I think or twitches in my cabs but she did not note any unusual fasciculations upon looking at me

Sorry again

If you had a normal exam and your neurologist did not feel an EMG was medically indicated then it is fair to say you do not need one. It is fairly common for neuros to offer one for reassurance but often that does not work well. The next thing is did they test the right places, did I have it too early? If I were you I would try to move on
Good luck

" patients with neurological issues are usually easy easily spotted upon simply observing them."

Yup. My wife, a 20-year doctor, said she could diagnose most folks by watching them answer to their name in the waiting room and get up and walk to the exam room.

So then I should be blocking this website now and telling myself "no ALS" and leave you all to be

Honey, twitching means nothing at all.

Your doctor is right, I have met so many PALS now, and it is completely obvious just looking at them for a minute or two.

Let it go, please for your own sake. Leave the EMG appointment open for someone who really needs it. People who truly have neurological conditions have to wait weeks, or months to get their EMG scheduled. So if appointments are taken up by twitchers, it takes longer for the real PALS and others with neurological conditions to get their diagnosis.

I truly hope you can just move on now, it isn't healthy to obsess on these twitches. I notice it is a real difference between twitchers and PALS. PALS ignore their symptoms and explain them away as long as they can because they don't feel any different, they just can't do things anymore. People who have health anxiety obsess over every little thing. It's a big red flag to us and the doctors.

Tillie - this was step 1. Step 2 was th doctor. Step 3 is going about blocking websites with keywords ALS and twitching. I'm doing that tonight.

I don't know what to say to you all. Your patience love and support when dealing with this reality is beyond imaginable.

I'll do my very best to work on resolving my deeper issues with all of you in mind. As well as my family and friends.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back