Woke Up - Air Hunger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete, as Kate says, it's not true that good sats = no CO2 retention. In any case, if you can use your BiPAP more, that may help and you already know that, so I wouldn't see the point of a blood draw.

Very sorry for what you and Carey are going through.

You should still feel free to adjust the BiPAP to your comfort and ability to sleep, as your needs have changed and the morphine plays into that also.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you Pete. You are very brave and kind to share your experience with others. Bless you.

Peace be with you and yours Pete.

Pete,

Thank you for posting about your journey. You are in my prayers.

Steve

Praying for you and for your wife, Pete...

Pete, Both you and your wife are in my prayers. God bless you.

Prayers for you and your wife, Pete.

So sorry for what you and your family are going through. ALS s**cks! You are both in my heart!

You can definitely have CO2 buildup when your O2 is normal. Hopefully the morphine can keep the air hunger at bay.

Don't forget to take something for constipation...

i have slept longer than normal the last 2 night (since starting the morphine abou 9 hrs) i have not needed to take any durinng the night is this normal? During the day i need it eery 3.5-4 hrs or i cant breath.

I would think it would be because you are more relaxed while sleeping, not as panicked, but this is just my thoughts.

Pete, you and your wife are in my prayers.

Sharon

Pete, even on the vent Brian struggles with his breathing when he get very anxious. Then if I give him something like Xanax or Ativan, we don’t have morphine here, he relaxes and then can breath better. Doesn’t happen often on the vent, but can if something raises his anxiety.

So as Sooner said, about being more relaxed at night. Also, do you wear the Bipap more at night? That can help as well

Praying for you, hugs,

Sue

i wear bipap all the time

Dear Pete,
I am getting ready to start hospice, I appreciate you telling of your experience. I thank you for all your posts.

thank you, Pete, for sharing your journey. You give me strength as I too enter hospice.

you are brave and strong and so loved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back