• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all so much for your words!
I don't mean to be gone for good and will drop by the forum, read what you're up to and won't spare you the occasional ramblings of a young widow. I'm taking good care of myself. I've learned that I'm okay but thin skinned. Too much stress will get to me directly, without pressure I'm just a happy camper.

Karen, that list is not complete without Gin Tonic. One of his drinking buddies poured some Gin on his urn, hehe.

Wish,

I'm sorry for your loss. I know he would want you to get on with your life and have many great adventures. You will always have him in your heart.

Wish, I'm sorry for your loss. Beautiful tribute to your PALS. Sending you peace and strength for the next part of your journey.

I am so very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful and inspirational CALS you have been. Your love shines.

I am so very sorry for your loss. You have brought a special light to these forums and have often lifted my spirits.

Thank you for all that you have done for him and for the rest of us.

Peace be with you.

Steve

Wish,
My deepest condolences to you. Your posts have been entertaining informative and a joy to read. Take care of yourself. Remember you always have friends here!
Angie

Wish,

So sorry for your loss. Thanks for the many times your insights brightened our world.

Dave

First, please know that I'm sorry for your loss. I understand that power of MUSIC and am glad it filled you both during this journey. I've always believed that it is not "how long", but "how well" one's story is written. As one's well lived life ends, yours continues on a new path... better for those many years shared. I hope you find a new balance, sooner than later. I also hope you will remember the many lives you've touched, here... all for the better because of your participation. We have been privileged for the pleasure of your company.

And as I've expressed to you other times,

My best goes with you...

Jim

Oh, Wish - what a moving tribute to your BF! I admire your spirit, strength and very apparent sense of humor! This paragraph that you wrote particularly spoke to me:

"In a weird way he seemed better equipped than others to deal with the beast and from day one it was all about quality of, not fighting for a long life. He was the Yang to my Ying, we have opposite personalities and I seemed better equipped than others to deal with the beast from my side, conjuring energy and good cheer. His time had come, we'd talked about everything and were ready. Even one more month might have ground us both to bits".

Wow! I felt like I was having my own thoughts mirrored to me! Dave and I were also opposites in many ways, particularly in temperament. We also agreed from the beginning that we would not spend precious time pursuing "miracle" cures or whatever. Dave was content to take The Beast head on and deal with one thing at a time. I followed his lead and just kept peddling uphill. Like you, I have a goofy sense of humor and tried to never lose that around Dave. I failed more times then I would like to admit, but I know I gave him quite a few chuckles everyday. I am so glad for that. Like your BF, Dave never entertained self-pity, anger, never once said "why me", never lost his sense of humor, his interests in reading, movies, sports, etc., and never lost his kind & gentle spirit.

I miss Dave more now (just over 2 months in) than I did in the beginning. I mean, after about 2 weeks of shock or PTSD I just seemed to float into the new reality. Now I am finding my moods and feelings of loss truly are fluid, variable, and dependent upon the memories that are conjured up every day.

I too have the thoughts of separating myself totally from anything ALS related. But I do try to continue to maintain a presence here on the forum because of all the amazingly helpful souls I felt were "with me" throughout. Hopefully I help someone here and there as well.

I'm wishing the best to YOU Wish! Please continue to PM me if you need someone to "talk" to over the many miles. BIG hugs my CALS sister!

Your bf was wise, Wish, and fortunate beyond words to have had 17 jam-packed years with you, not the least of which found you at his side to play him out.

Best,
Laurie

Last edited:
Wish, Thank you for all your support and I wish you the best in the future. Also, thanks for sharing your feelings. Your positive outlook on life helps lift the spirits of everyone who reads your posts. Take care...

Rob

Wish, I've only been here a short time, but I'm so sorry for your loss, and also grateful that I had an opportunity to read your posts here. I could feel your love for each other and respect your honesty and bravery together in facing the monster.

Wish, you are so very eloquent. I hate that you had to lose him to this, but what grace you both faced it with. You are an inspiration, and I shall miss you. You deserve a life and a future--may the world give you peace and joy as you rejoin it.
Becky

So sorry Wish. I'm glad for you and him, that you got to spend the quality time together. Glad he got to say those goodbyes, however painful. So very important...for all of you as well as for him. Godspeed for him. Peace, comfort and healing for you. And much needed, well deserved, rest.

Wish,

When I saw your post, my heart sunk to my stomach. Your posts have always been positive, supportive and eloquently written. I remember welcoming you to the forum and now, I'm so deeply saddened that your chapter with ALS and your love, is closed so soon.

Having said that, your love is free of this beast, free of pain, free of the chains that ALS imposes on one. Thinking of you during this time, Wish.

Joanna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back