Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
CA
State
East Coast
City
NA
Hello all...I don't post very often but wanted to take the time to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year.
I still have no news on my front but am hoping the latest biopsy results will be in in January. Thank you to all for all the support and well wishes.
Lets all hope for a brighter New Year
Willow

Wishing everyone here a Merry Christmas & a healthy Happy New Year. God Bless
Sharon

Merry Christmas to both of you and Happy New Year to all my forum friends. Cindy

Blessed Xmas to all Pals and Cals

I am wishing each and everyone of you a joyous Christmas. May God bless those of you that have been diagnoseded with this terrible disease. To those of you that have not been diagnoseded, I am praying that you guys will start off the New Year with good news. Prayers, we need lots of prayers!

This is my first Xmas without my son, but thank God I am coping. I miss him, but I know what he would have wanted for me to do, and that is to treat Xmas as if he were here. That is what I am doing. I am still cooking his favorite dishes. I pray to God that you guys that have lost loved ones to als, are doing the same. It's alright to shed a tear or two, but ask God to help you make it through Xmas. God bless you all! Love you guys. You'll have made such a strong person out of me. Thank you so much!

Irma:)

Merry Christmas to all our PALS and CALS

Just wanted to send our very Best Wishes to all on the Forum. We will celebrate Christmas Eve the Polish custom in our family. It is a 10 course meal. No meat. There will be 24 of us, some of the family live quite a distance and won't be here this year. Michele (my daughter) and Kenny will have it at their home. Christmas Day will be at Stephanie and Jack's home. We live 5 minutes from each other. I will be helping Steph too. It's just wonderful to have the family together. Hope all of you enjoy your Christmas too. Fondly, Beebe

Merry Christmas to all!

Wishing all the PALS and CALS a very merry Christmas. Be sure to enjoy each other and the time you spend together. Every minute is precious. For those of you who have lost a loved one, honor their memory and remember them with love, not sadness. God bless us all.
Linda

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.

Thank you for the support and friendship I've found on this Forum over the past 15 months.

Although I am no longer actively involved with a PALS I feel connected to the ALS community and probably always will. I've been touched deep within my soul by the experience and I believe I am a better person today because of it.

I will always remember the lovingkindness shown by the many people who answered my early questions of what to expect and the gentle honesty in the hard answers I needed. Your sincere sympathy in response to my posting of Linda's death touched my heart and made me feel understood.

My prayers will always include the many, too many PALS and the people who love them.

Again, I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

God bless you,
Jeanne

Irma, I know what you mean, I miss my sister and now I know I will be losing my only other sister. I miss my mom and dad but they had a full life. My sister was so young, as your son was. Did you know that there is a registry on the ALS Society of Canada website called "March of faces" It would be nice if you can check with them about adding your son, why not start the register worldwide. It would give more impact as to how many lives have already been lost and how many more have this dreadful awful disease. This could be a further push to public awareness. I am making arrangements to get our mom and my sister on the Ontario list. The New Brunswick list has 3 of my relatives on, my mom's sister, her son and my cousin.

Check it out. You send them a picture and details. It is a list by province. Let me know what you think?

I would love to give you a big hug. In my heart I am and God bless you.

To All

You have to forgive me, even tho i replied to Irma, the message should have been to all. My mind these days is not the way it should be. My plate is too full right now. I won't go into detail, but my only son (30) has turned to a drug addiction. I am trying to help him and it seems to be taking more and more of me each day. But this is not what this forum is about. I am only trying to explain why I jump in and out and I think answer too quickly. One thing I am trying to do is help and my mind jumps all over, so if my posts don't sound right by all means correct me. My dream is to help find a cure and public awareness is very lacking with ALS.

God bless all you wonderful brave people caring people.

I am new to this site, Just found it a day ago. I lost my father Dec. 27th, 2004 to als. he was 63. He waited until the day after christmas, then decided he was done with the bi-pap. He was diagnosed with bulbar als July, 2004 and passed away 5 months later. His symptoms were first noticed in august, 2003 when he could not button his shirt. It took almost a year for the diagnosis. fortunately, he was able to walk without difficulty to his death.

I miss him terribly. Christmas is a tough time of year for us all as he did his best to make it through christmas. Thank goodness I have my little ones to try to keep my mind off of things. thanks for your encouragement and reminding me of what our loved ones would have wanted us to do - treat xmas as if they are still here - which in spirit i believe they are.

Holiday Wish

I want to wish everyone a merry christmas .and happy newyear Thank you for all your support ,wisdom and knowledge during my disease . You are a caring and loving group.
There are some people here that will be having a hard time ,this time of the year after losing their love ones. The holidays can be very stressful for them. Just know my thoughts are with you and yours, may you have peace. Pat

Hi Thumbs! Good day to you, and God bless. Thumbs, thank you for your nice post. I will be praying for your son. Please do not feel you are off topic, he is your son, you love him, and we all know you are concerned about him. Like I said, He is the answer to everything. Keep him (your son) in your prayers. There are times when people are introduced to this way of life, such as drugs or whatever, there will be a time when he or she will face trouble. Once they encounter this situation, they will turn to Him for help. God will not walk away from him, He is with him in every step of the way. Again, I will be praying for your son, and God bless. Now I must get back to cooking. I have a big day ahead of me. Stayed up till 3:00 am, cooking, baking, cleaning, you name it. I am almost done. We are having Xmas dinner at our son's. Good day friend, and God bless!

Irma

I have not posted in quiet a while, I still visit often, I just wanted to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR! ! !

Love and Prayers to All
Rhonda

Hi all,just wanted to add my greetings to everyone and hope you all have the best xmas possible.!I know it will be so difficult for those of you whom have recently lost a loved one and i will pray that the love of family and friends,this forumn included,will give you the strength to find some peace and love during this season!....hugs and prayers for all.....Gina

I wanted to wish all of you on this site a Holy Christmas and a Happy New year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back