Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Seagoville
I too wanted to wish a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to everyone.

Al

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
For our American friends there is a March of Faces at http://www.march-of-faces.org/ Pals can have pictures posted on a banner to raise awareness and put a face on this disease.
AL.

Last edited:

Al

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
Merry Christmas from David and AL

David and I and our families would like to wish all our members and others that come here seeking information and solace, a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I know it is hard to look forward but just maybe 2008 will bring better news on the research front. God bless.
AL.

Thumbs Up

Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
ca
State
Ontario
City
Northern Bruce Peninsula
Irma, I have read your post over & over. Thank you. Your son was very fortunate to have you as a mom.

CindyM

Moderator emeritus
Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New England
City
Anytown
It is wonderful to see the support and encouragement we can offer one another. I am still amazed at the power of the internet-that prefect strangers can create such warmth and understanding. Thank you one and all for helping make this forum so sucessful, in that regard. Cindy

Steve100

Distinguished member
Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
10/2007
Country
UK
State
Wales
City
Cardiff
Merry Christmas everyone :)

cheryilyn

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
Sept. 06
Country
US
State
Oregon
City
Salem
Merry Christmas to all of you wonderful people on this forum.

Icanmanz

Reason
PALS
Country
Uni
State
Texas
City
Tomball
Hi delb! Dear God, I have been thinking about you these past few days. How have you been doing? I have been wondering about Freddiesnetty, and Txgrl as well. I hope everything is okay! Have a nice one, and God bless!

Irma

PS.......Did you get a dog for Xmas? LOL Take care, sweetie!

delb

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Seagoville
Hi Irma,
I am holding my own in the fight with ALS. Still no dog, but hope to get one soon. Going to the county hospital tomorrow to sign up with them. Hopefully they can assist me. Got nothing for Christmas, but this is not unusual. Have not for years now. Merry Christmas to you too !

sharona

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
il
City
joliet
Hi delb,
I too have been thinking about you.Glad to hear you are going to try to get some help. You still have all of us for Christmas .Material things really don't matter anyway. love, hope & the real meaning of Christmas are all that any of us really need. I went to the cemetery today to tell my son Merry Christmas.He loved Christmas. I miss him so very much but I know he isn't hurting anymore( CANCER) & he is in heaven with our Lord. So please take care & know that we are still pulling for you.God Bless.
Sharon

hboyajian

Distinguished member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Vashon
Hello all, my dad did not quite make it to Christmas last year, but he stayed with us as long as he could, until the whole family was together with him. He always was a person who brought people together. He's done that yet again this year even though he is with us in spirit, not in physical person. Because he died at this time of year, we all felt the need to be together again and people made the journey to gather at my house for the holiday. We have started a special tradition that was suggested in a grief group my mom attends. We made a remembrance wreath with fir branches and four candles, each representing part of the experience of having loved so deeply and no longer having that person with us. I chose a blue candle for grief, a purple candle for courage to face the loss, a gold candle for the memories we cherish, and a red candle for the deep and never-ending love.

Gina

Distinguished member
Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
04/2004
Country
CA
State
ONTARIO
City
CAMBRIDGE
Delb,i am glad to see that you are holding your own in the fight against als.!I think that all of us on this forum really want for xmas is love and understanding and a place to go when we are feeling alone and need to talk to someone who understands.!We all have that now that we belong to this forum and so do you!So even though you didnt get anything material for xmas you are recieving the best gift of all and so am i from the loving caring people on this forum!Thankyou for being here and sharing and caring too!......Gina

Gina

Distinguished member
Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
04/2004
Country
CA
State
ONTARIO
City
CAMBRIDGE
hboyajian,What a wonderfull new tradition!I am so glad that you and your familly are carrying on with your fathers wishes to bring the family together.It must have made him smile down on you and be so proud of all of you for being all together at this time and at the same time honoring his spiritual prescence as well.....SOUNDS like a wonderfull caring familly !Thanks for sharing this experience and i wish you all peace and happiness in the new year!....Gina

Status
Not open for further replies.