Uni
State
WA
City
Shelton
Hello -

I am a 38 year old male 6'0 173 lbs
Medication: Adderall, Zoloft, Kratom

I been noticing lately that I get very tired when walking up hills or stairs. After the second flight my thighs really start to burn. I am not out of shape but I also don't work out regularly.

I have about 2 acres of land and the grass is all uphill, which is annoying to mow with a push mower. I still manage to get it done but it just feels like more effort is involved. Sweating more.

I was recently put on adderall in Late May, so I been on it about 7 weeks. I been told this will increase my sweating.

My hands are very shaky after doing any kind of strenuous activity .

My thighs twitch every so often during the day, I can feel them more at night when I lay in bed, and in my feet. My arm, shoulder has a few as well. Also my lip just one corner of it, it's like it get zapped, they have not been constant as far as I can tell.

My anxiety is severe and I understand that. Long story short it all started with routine check on the doctor on March 15 2018. I had some stomach pain and a lot of gas.

Got my blood work back which turned out fine, but she wanted me to do a fecal occult test and it came back positive, this is when I started flying off the handle.

So she refers me to a gastro doctor but it was about 6 weeks before I could get in. So what happens when you make someone like me wait and all the time in the world with a positive test for blood in my stool. You freak out. Went to the ER 3 times in 1 week. My fear then was Pancreatic cancer and colon cancer. My mother died at 58 to pancreatic cancer and we were very close I am the guy version of my mom. We never knew she had it until her colon was perforated and died 6 days later.

So that fear when in and the last time I went into the ER, they gave me a CT scan with contrast, and the only thing they found was a 8mm polyp in my gallbladder .

So fast forward to the gastro appointment they book me for colonoscopy in May and i chicken out and reschedule and try to convince myself I am fine. Nope I am not. So I finally in June get it done, all they found was hemorrhoids and they did remove a 6mm precancerous polyp, so I was glad I got that done.

So I then think I am all clear health wise atleast for a minute. Then Steven Hawking passed, then started watching videos on MND and ALS I had to have watched over 100 hours easy on it from doctors to other peoples journeys, I cried, I felt horrible for them. I even donated some of my money to an ALS foundation, but ever since watching those videos.

I notice every sense of weakness, every muscle twitch, every move I make. I walk on my toes around the house. I hop with one foot up stairs on my toes. I walk backwards down the stairs on my toes. I measure my thighs and arms so see if there is a decrease is size. I yell just to see if my voice has not change. I record my voice to see if I slur.

My palm by my thump twitches every so often too just typing this.

I understand that ALS is failure to do things.

I am driving my wife nuts to the point where she slept in our tent last night, she kinda wanted to anyways but the point is I am pushing people away with this, I am constantly asking people to evaluate me, like does this look normal, can you do this can you do that.
She get really annoyed with me hoping around the house on wood floors. I think i might be borderline insane its consuming me. I am seeing a physicists and a physiologist, I am terrified of tests.

Terrified of living it seems. always one thing or another I had a headache for 3 days in the same spot and was convinced it was a brain tumor was very close to getting a MRI of it, but did not.

It may be counter productive for me but I am continuing to learn more and more about this disease.

I hope this post does not find me being disrespectful in anyway. Before Steven Hawking passed I never knew what this was.

AA,

It's hot and dry in our state right now. Most of us who venture out, let alone labor physically, are finding it takes more out of us.

Additionally, you're on three psychoactive drugs, so your thinking about your body may not be all that.

I am not sure what you mean about seeing "physicists and a physiologist," but I hope some kind of counseling is going on, to help you with your anxiety and to stay with a minimum mix of drugs.

As you seem to need us to say, you report no evidence of any neuromuscular disease and do not belong here. The help and answers you need are on the ground, in the real world. I'm sure your wife can help you in staying on track with therapy and finding other ways to spend your time apart from obsessing.

Best,
Laurie

First off, read the post pinned at the top of this subforum: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html

Second, you have some major issues and your fear of ALS is one of the symptoms. I think you know this. You are getting medical help it seems, so there's not much more this forum can do for you except to tell you what you already know- you don't have ALS. You are, however on multiple stimulants, it seems, and this would be causing many of your symptoms. Please don't use this forum to work out your health anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back