Why Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the entry under "Superiority". Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Mike. :)

Thanks Mike for your wisdom.
'What for ' is a much better approach than 'why me'. Statistics tell us that 1 or 2 people per 100,000 get ALS and my philosophy is to say 'why not me'? Someone has to have ALS , and much as I would like to turn the clock back to a time when i didn't have it, there is nothing so special about me that says I shouldn't be the statistic rather than any other guy on the street.
'Why me' leads us nowhere and until one accepts that, you can't move on to make the best of what is to be.I like the idea that I can move on from 'why not me' to 'what for'.It's like changing out of neutral into forward gear!:)
Best wishes
Jean

Hi Jean,

I am so glad you were inspired to move forward by this piece, but I did not write the first sentence "Don't ask 'Why me?' ask 'What for?'". Those are Andres' words. That is why I dedicated it to him.

Mike

Both of you are an inspiration. THanks for sharing. Cindy

Why?

I think a lot of young people are going to be getting these neurological diseases that have been put on the back burner for years, unfortunately the medical industry did not put much effort into these problems because they affected the senior population. Maybe this will inspire more doctors and researchers to find a cure...... ALthough it should be just as important no matter what age you are.

It's not so much that I think "why me?" but I do think "why my children". I try hard to think that everything happens for a reason, that there is some higher purpose but I struggle to reconcile that thought with watching my kids suffer too. I can find no justification for the suffering of little ones. What did they do to deserve any of this? I don't understand that.

momaoftwo

Its so hard to understand.......... My boys play baseball and one of thier teammates developed Leukemia, at first they thought he had mono. Well we had this big fundraiser and next baseball season he passed away a month into it... It was a shock, the boy was ten! In a sick way i felt, if that poor boy can go through that then i can go through what i have to.... Good things and bad things in our life make us who we are and that is the only thing i can think of why children may have to suffer, maybe one of your kids will be inspired to become a researcher or doctor..... They will know how to stay strong during times of trouble....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back