why is it so mentioned in the dihals forum ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ysabel

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
usa
City
city
i guess i didnt know enough when i joined ,but twitching is mentioned all the time and it seems that its obsessive. i am guessing that some must have google searched symptoms and gotten obsessive with every move? im not trying to be mean but ive had twitching in my affected muscles and i have parkinsons so my point is cant people stop and think twitching isnt exclusive to als or other mnd?

just has run rampid it seems sigh.

I have twitched for years. When I am stressed I get a twitch in my right eye that drives me bonkers. I never thought anything about it. I don't understand how they get so freaked out about a twitch.

The net is great from somethings but it brings all the crazies here.

yep very true about the crazies!
i saw a youtube video of a guy with als and one of his arms was really wasted away and his twitching in that arm was so obvious!

anyways i just think its odd to insist twitching is the be all end all self diagnostic als home test method!

i always had the eye twitch even as a kid.
the muscle twitches are here and there.

maybe some may see this as stupid but i had to get that off my chest!

Last edited:
maybe we need a stickie with a little video of my PALS arms, they are very wasted and the twitching is incredible, he has the very typical wasted hands too, then we could say when you get to this stage start asking us, until then ignore it?

but we will have to get another PALS to volunteer as that would blow my cover here if my PALS appeared, unless I go someone else to upload it ... oh dear too complicated sorry :confused:

My wife is nearing the end of her battle with ALS, yet she NEVER had twitching during her battle.

Seems ALS affects different people differently.

Bowser I believe but am not certain, that the twitching is a LMN symptom.

Does you wife only have UMN involvement?

At first with the bulbar onset we weren't sure the arm twitching was at all related to my PALS speech problems. It started as just a muscle twitching here and there, but after a few months of his speech deteriorating the twitching was affecting more and more muscles and was more frequent, and I noticed continued even when he was deeply asleep. That was well before any weakness started, in fact I can't believe the fencing compound project we completed in Dec/Jan when I look at the wasted arms and hands now, he was still so strong back then. All the digging and concreting in posts, so we were thinking they were benign fasciculations and he had a dental issue of some kind. (and were constantly seeing dentists, ENT and Facio-maxillary surgeons)

just to make sure nobody has taken offense to my post i want to say i edo have very much empathy for everyone that suffers especially something so serious as als. i know that i come off as harsh just seemed it was getting obsessive like every time i go in there people seem to be bound and determined twitching means they automaticaly have als. so if i offeneded anyone my apologies.

I didn't take offense to anything you said.

i like that vicki! oops i thought i was in the poetry thread. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back