"Why has this happened to me son?" My response. It can help you or your loved one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Why has this happened to me son?" My response. It can help you or your loved one

What a wonderful and caring son you have grown to be and so mature for your age,Good job of being there when she needs you the most. I will pray for both of you for strenght thru the twists and turns ahead. We are all here for you if you need to talk or vent. Thank you for sharing with us all. Welcome to the elite family where love abounds. {{HUGS}}

Re: "Why has this happened to me son?" My response. It can help you or your loved one

Wow, I am 59 years old, and I hope I can care for my husband with HALF the grace and dignity that you have just shown us. I am sorry to hear of your mom's death today. She must have been an incredible lady to raise such a caring, devoted, and loving child! God's peace to you. Jo

I just realized I should clarify that the above message was a response to almondjoy's post. I hope I didn't confuse anyone who might have interpreted what I said to be referring to highspirits8 mother. I caught it too late to edit. I'm sorry - it was the wrong place to make the comment.

We are in the midst of our final. great trial. Here's what Paul had to say about trials to the Romans: Romans 5:3-4 NIV Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Additional resource here: What is Perseverance?

Why has this happened to me? Why shouldn't this have happened to me? We live in a fallen world where Christ is our only hope.

Hope you enjoy this song by Chris Rice, one of my favorites.
fly to Jesus - YouTube

You are a wonderful young man In the end, you will be able to say with your mom:

I (We) have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. (2 Tim 4:7)

May God richly bless you.

Almond joy, what a lovely post. Your Mom raised a beautiful and compassionate young woman. I share many of the sentiments expressed in your post. I love that you were able to involve your young siblings in your Mom's care. So many people try to shield their young from the trials of a termInal illness. I think your handling of the situation was beautiful and that your sibs will cherish those carding moments they had with their mother for their lifetime.

Thank you so much for this post! You are a blessing to your mom!

Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back