Why does it have to be especially hard sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sue, sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time. I agree, it's hard to always be strong; you have had to be strong for a long time. Does physical therapy help you at all with your back? Hope the visit to the chiropractor helps you.

V

Sue, I wish I could have brought you with me. I am glad about the chiropractor. When I can get coverage I drive 21/2 hours each way to see the one who knows how to fix me ...

Matt is finding the chair less and less comfortable if he his home. He'd rather be lying in the bed than reclining in the chair. That certainly shortens our days.

Big hugs,
Becky

I often found (and in fact still do) that one of those pure kindness touches actually leaves me quite weepy for a while after! I think it sears right through to the core of pain we carry. They are wonderful kindnesses, but they sure do highlight what we miss!

Becky I'm sorry Matt is getting less and less comfortable in the chair. I'm happy though you've had this chance to get away. Cherish it with all your heart.

V - thank you. Haven't done PT per se, just chiro. That seems to fix me up right quick.

Tillie - you are right, those kindesses just are wonderful, but they do seem to go straight to the heart. Weeping again as I type this. I'm not sure it is even something you could explain to someone who had not been here.

This is one of the many reasons I am so thankful for this group. Trying to explain this kind of kindness and how it impacts you is nearly impossible, and unless you've walked in our shoes you would never understand. However, I can come here and state it and we all get it. Thank you.

Hugs,

Sue

My hubby has ALS bad and he is mean to me also. He refused the test for ftd I believe he has it thou. He swears at me when I don't do what he wants. Like he cannot and isn't supp to eat, as he will choke and throw up all over himself if he even tried a bite of anything. Also now we battle the bedpan, he swears to me cause I won't put him on the toilet. I cannot physically lift him anymore. He is 180 lbs of dead wt. his upper truck muscles are also all gone, lower ones had been gone for a while. Mucous so thick o cannot even suction, I use toothettes. The nurse in clinic. Says she wouldn't be surprised if he were gone by the end of the year. I hate this disease it has affected all of us. Being a mom of 3 young kids and having a mean pals is insane. I am sad he is going to be gone, but also I cannot do this anymore.i feel like there is no end of the tunnel and we are stuck.

Tracy - I am so sorry for your battles. Once suggestion for the mucous that helps my DH is some Mucinex. You can either get the little beads (infant/childrens) or if you can find it, the liquid. Harder to find. Read the label on the childrens to compare and get the same. Just that small dose really works. If your DH has a feeding tube, you can just sneak it in - what I do. They can't refuse that way. I hope that helps.

Hugs,

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back