Why does everyone consider this a terminal disease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well kiwisally,this thread has accomplished something....I just loved your last post.
........now you can sleep lol.

Olly,

I'm awake too. But, going forward, you can bet your bottom dollar (or £) that I will sleep with my IPad in case someone "in my household" signs on here - and dare I say- creates another me. CRIKEY!.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

And there you have it! Like you haven't alienated people enough, threaten to sue.

Actually, one of the many people roaming through his home, using the 'household computer' would do it for him.

Someone poked the sleeping pup and he woke up ornery!

Lol Elaine,it was a private joke between me and kiwi....from a dihals post.
Oh,i would not mind 2 of you sweetie...even 3 or 4lol.

The reason that there is a penalty for laughing in court is that otherwise the jury would never be able to hear the evidence.

Olly -

I mentioned being awake because the purpose for the venting vent - was to awaken us.

Dear Olly, tread lightly when you go to the other side... You know, the side where complacency is not tolerated. But, I needn't worry - you can hold your own. We all can. ALS or not.

Fighting Attorney,
I am not going to get into the conversation about all this medical bickering etc. However, it is truly a personal choice but my dad has chosen never to use a vent. He says he wants more quality of life instead on the quantity. Does a person get this with a vent? I wouldn't think so. Unfortunately, some people have to resort to one though.

@OttawaGirl, I now know everything I have heard about you is true from members at TDI, but that is besides the point. You DO NOT like those who have different viewpoints than yourself, and it is very obvious by the way you post, and your sarcastic nature. This forum is a joke, for the people who want to cope, instead of fight for their rights, and not be treated as another statistic. I would love to stick around, but everyone here is so brainwashed it is impossible to do so. You go ahead and wait upon the researchers, and all those to whom you believe will help you. I am not a mean person, but I am in reality more so than anyone. A cure for this disease may come in the year 2100, and a treatment maybe within the next ten years if we are lucky. 90% of All Pals who do not chose to vent will be dead and buried by that time. I have to make the choice because of incompetent researchers, the FDA, and too many other Pals that do not stand up to the system of injustice. For the record, I am not CRR10, and if it is stated or insinuated again I will consider legal action against your organization. I came here merely to inform Pals of their true options, and to tell everyone that rallies will be taking place on 1/6/2014.

I don't have als so I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think you have passed on your message and stirred everyone enough. You have insulted and demeaned everyone here. I hope you feel good, like the big man you appear to be. we have all been very enlightened, your job here is done.

You have no idea who Elaine is. She is a caring, compassionate and loving person....take a lesson.

Amen Vicki! Elaine and I have different personalities (Hers might be actually better then mine). She is truly a caring, compassionate and loving person and I honestly mean that.

@Vickim, I have not demeaned or insulted anyone on this board, rather, expressed an opinion that does not agree with the majority. I am tired of Pals cutting their life short, if indeed it is their desire to live on based upon inaccurate and non factual medical information. My job here is not done, I have done nothing to warrant getting banned, and if I do I may come back anyways. My job is to make Pals wake up and to spread the word that demonstrations are going to take place. I am a warm and compassionate person that does more Pro Bono work for Pals than probably any lawyer in my area. Your correct, I do not know Elaine, nor do I wish to. I think is she brainwashed and has insulted me by making accusations of my identity, and saying I am trying to drum up business on this website, which is absolutely the most retarded statement I have ever heard. Maybe, you should live by the statement of Mother Teresa, as your judging me simply because I have an opinion that varies on the subject. I pointed out in my last post that a cure is not coming until probably 2100 and that treatment may come in oh about 10 years because members said I was not in reality. The reality is the ONLY treatment to prolong life for this disease lies with top of the line care, a ventilator, and a little bit of luck. JoelC who was a renowned member of this forum tried to spread the same message, and yes he came off his vent because he did not want to burden his beloved wife. Many of his posts were removed because he offended members with them, pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Elaine thinks she is going to talk down to me like I am her child or something, what educational background does she have, and who made her a moderator of this forum in the first place. I will leave shortly because I cannot stand being around brainwashed people, and for those who are offended I just speak a dose of reality.

Amen also! I am not sure what I have but I am trying to cope and with my friends here I am managing albeit hard each day. Such negative comments Attorney!

Wow,
You said "@Vickim, I have not demeaned or insulted anyone on this board..."
and followed up a few lines later with
"Your (sic) correct, I do not know Elaine, nor do I wish to. I think is she brainwashed and has insulted me by making accusations of my identity, and saying I am trying to drum up business on this website, which is absolutely the most retarded statement I have ever heard."

Irony can be pretty ironic at times!

Feel free to speak your "dose of reality", but try to do it without sounding like a smug, petulant child. As I stated before, a little civility in the discourse would be a better tack.

For now, we get it; you think "the man" lies to his sheople and we're being led to slaughter, i.e. death by not venting. You want us all to rise up and protest until we get meds-on-demand and sing the you-can-live-decades-on-a-vent jingle. Now, can you add anything else - productive- to the banter? Or are you a one-trick pony that, by this point, has been played out ad nauseum.

Finally, how arrogant of you to ask "what educational background does she have" about anyone. Good for you that you got your J.D., but don't be fooled into thinking that makes you wise. Educated maybe, but not very smart it seems. Partying through 7 years of college on a trust fund has done nothing to teach you a little tact and humility. Your degrees are just as worthless as all 4 of mine and everyone else's when dealing with ALS, so don't embarrass yourself by acting like they make you more qualified to have an opinion.

@Edwards5257, I was told most people on this forum were cyberchondriacs, I am sure Elaine has tried to soothe your fears. Trust me if you have ALS, you would know it, and even if you do there is no use worrying because you cannot do a thing about it anyways. My comments are not negative, rather should provide you with the hope that you need, meaning if you indeed have ALS, you can live years with appropriate medical care. Read the entire thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back