Why Does ALSForums.com Support This Treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdTim

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2017
Country
US
State
NA
City
NA
Find it odd this keeps popping up on this forum. Does this website and forum support this treatment? Has it been proven to cure or stop ALS?

jun4we

I don’t see what you are trying to show. Ads show up based on browsing history I think and are not endorsed by the forum. I have seen on the intro page an ad for a commercial stem cell scam for example.

Installing adblocker and skipping the intro page by navigating directly to the forum has eliminated this annoyance

Click on the link and there is an image of what appears. It is very misleading.

It does not show for me. If it is an ad it is not controlled by the forum. Likely my adblocker is at work

You may want to look into this as it is very misleading to those that come here looking for help. Not everyone knows about ad blockers or understands them.

This is the ad:

KkwgsR1v

Yep. Unfortunately I do not think it is controllable by the forum. If you search you will see we consistently answer any queries about commercial stem cells by discouraging people from pursuing such. If I could stop it from showing up I would. I don’t like it any more than you do.

Why does the forum allow ads even show up? $$?

Would think a forum that is for a terminal illness would not want to offer false hope. Especially if they don't supposdly approve of the treatment.

Yes the forum needs ads to keep going donations and subscribers help but it costs more to keep a website of this size going. Our archives are very big. That costs more I assure you the moderators are unpaid. The forum couldn’t continue without some income

These ads are very misleading. Something needs to be done by the owners of the forum so us terminal patients aren't easily mislead.

Go to the intro page. Scroll to the bottom you will see a link contact us. A message there will go to the forum owner

Why can't you as a moderator contact them on our behalf?

You are the person with the issue. Explain it directly. I have no alternative plan. Stop ads and the forum closes because it is broke?

I am done here. Asked and answered. If you want to pursue it I told you how. I am running out of keystrokes for today

But you are a moderator. Thought moderators are supposed to look out for our best interests here.

Tim contact David and tell him what ad it is - I don't see any because I have an adblocker installed. But I cannot see what ad you are referring to, so tell him by typing out which it is and the site it directs to.

He can go into the google settings and block a specific ad.

The moderators only have a few privileges here, and are not web gurus, just volunteers who can do stuff with posts, not the back end.

David has all the god powers there he owns the site :)

Hope that helps answer it Tim. His user name is david.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back