Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
CA
State
East Coast
City
NA
I have noticed recently that I bruise at the drop of a hat. Opening something, knocking something and sometimes I don't even know what it is I have done, I just see the end result.
Does anyone else notice this and if so do you know why it is? Is this from the loss of muscle...but I thought that muscle was what got bruised?
Thanks for any understanding you can give.

I believe bruising is the blood vessels getting damaged, and with less muscle surrounding the veins, probably a major part of it. Also, some meds will causing more bruising, as will ad vil and aspirin

That is not something I heard being part of als Coumadin aspirin and other medications can .A blood test will rule out blood disorders .That should be addressed .See you PCP.

Hopefully you aren't falling or banging into things .

Thanks for your thoughts.
No, I have not fallen or anything like that but I have started taking Advil on the advice of my doctor. He feels some of the pain in my knees is due to arthritis which he says quite often happens when the major muscles of the legs atrophy.
I guess that must be why all the bruises. I don't feel sore where they are, just notice the bruising taking place.
Thanks again, I will mention it at my next appointment.

Bruises are indeed a side effect of Advil, it thinns the blood, that's why, nothing serious, don't worry if Advil/Ibruprofen does its job, okay it's not a nice look etc hehehe... but if there is no bad pain it is not too bad!

Anja

Anyone with unexplained bruising should be evaluated. Too many potentially dangerous causes are out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back