Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cindy: Sorry to hear about your leg issues. Good news though about your son.
Cervus: Dad doesn't have a peg. He is still able to eat good without one. But, it takes awhile since he is losing mobility in his arms and hands. He has a special cup that he drinks out of that helps keep him from choking. He had therapy that helped him alot with his speech and swallowing issues. Physical therapy wasn't of any use though.

Cheese: Dad was treated extremely well in the ER where I work. He looks and feels tons better after getting some fluids through a IV. We are so glad to have him home for at least awhile.

Cindy, a CALS on here suggested Magnisium Citrate to help with sleep and I just started taking it. Will keep you posted. Iy is also supposed to help with a lot of other issues. Look it up

Thanks Sadiemae, I will look into it.

Cheese: My dad is looking and feeling much better after getting a IV of fluids on Monday. My kids are thrilled that grandpa is back home for at least awhile.

Whine: Chocolate has too many calories.

Kim, you must find the chocolate with zero calories. I myself eat it every day. Just kidding since I'm allergic to chocolate. Glad your dad is feeling better and he is at home with you for a while. I think you get the cheese award, as that is also the best Christmas present ever!

Lori, you're picture has thrown me for a loop. I have had to keep going back and checking out who is posting.

Everyone have a good week, be safe and no falls! That means you Di!

Toto, that is Taz, my dog I had to give up a couple yrs ago. Still miss him, but he has a good home.

Hmm, Lori, I have 3 dogs I would love to find a good home for. With me not able to supervise their care, I am afraid they are getting a little slighted in that department.

I am going to reapply for SSI. I'm hoping since the a** is not providing any money, that they will consider me indigent. If approved, I will be heading to greener or should I say warmer pastures! Wish me luck.

Whine: Worried that this might have been our last Christmas with my dad. Took a few pictures but could tell he didn't really want me too.

Cheese: We managed to get dad into my else without any problems to celebrate Christmas Eve at my house. We had a good relaxing time with lots of laughter. Dad just beamed watching the grandkids get all excited with their gifts and picking on each other.

Well, we have been in the hospital since last Saturday, and it looks like it will be Thurs at the earliest before we are able to leave. Our room is nice though!

What's the story at the moment, Lori? Thank goodness you have a nice room. I hope that means you're managing to get some rest along with all the interruptions in a hospital setting? Hope Les is more comfortable. Yasmin.

When the hospital overdosed him, he developed aspiration pneumonia. They caught it quick, has no symptoms,no fever, breathing good, and white blood cell count normal. Kidney stone removed under a general anesthesia, stent put in, will be removed Wednesday. He is doing good, but I can't leave him for more than a few hrs, as his anxiety goes through the roof. Truth is he is very afraid when I am not here, as he only trusts me with his care.

Lori - hoping everything continues to go well and you get home this week.

Toto - any news from SSI? Praying you'll get it. I imagine in December it takes even longer than normal.

Skipper66 - what cup does your dad use to help with not choking?

Mich,
Try a nosey cup... Got them on line. How are you? The VA approved a lift for the car we bought instead of the van. Once the hitch is on we get the lift. Finally!

Jen

Yikes! Forgot where I was and thought I was at Tea and got a little chatty. Forgot I was having cheese and w(h)ine. I'm well. How will a car (even with a lift and hitch) work for you and Rog? Seems like it couldn't work and you may have a whine due to you. :)

Take care, Lori. Thinking of you all. Yasmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back