Which COVID 19 Vaccine to Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin - glad your wife will get vaccinated.I used the medical document from my neurologist to get my vaccine.

Hoping my daughter tests negative too. Especially since she spent last weekend with my other daughter helping her move into her new home.

I wish the Federal government would take over the whole thing. DeSantis is worthless. I expect there will be lots of opportunities for me before the end of March.

I wish the whole system was uniform and you were notified when it was your turn ( a lottery within each tier would be fair). In the UK two relatives of mine just qualified. They received letters and were immediately able to call and book their two appointments. Their first dose is in 2 weeks.

The Massachusetts system now has 74 yos with multiple comorbidities competing with 20 yo day care workers ( guess who is having more success online) while the 64 yo food service person with one comorbidity has over a million people ahead of them And the 64 yo PALS with no other diagnoses is at the end of the line.

My husband is a physician and also has a PhD in Chemistry. His extremely educated response to this question is always...take whichever one they're willing to give you! LOL! He's also in agreement that most likely there will be boosters anyway due to all the variants. The more shots we can get into arms, the better, regardless of which shot it is.

Once again, thanks to everyone for all the feedback.

My wife and I received our Johnson & Johnson COVID 19 vaccinations on Friday. I was a bit under the weather yesterday and today, but nothing significant. Very similar to what happens to me after a flu shot.

The internet says immunity builds in 4 weeks after the J&J shot. The doctor who administered the shot said 2 weeks for immunity to build. I plan to wait the full 4 weeks before being around anyone other than my wife!

Now, I am making plans for how we might be able to take a trip or two this spring. It will be a challenge, but I kind of enjoy challenges.

Steve

It will be a challenge, but I kind of enjoy challenges.
That has to be the understatement of the year Steve - you are the total King of Challenges 💖

Steve, glad the vaccine is behind both you and your wife.

I had a FaceTime visit with my allergist today. He was dumbfounded by the State of Florida refusing to give me an appointment. He doesn't have access to the vaccine, at this time. He said he would call the local news station investigative reporter, without giving my name. He also sent me a letter saying I was high risk and there are no contra-indications for my taking the vaccine. He said I only had a slight risk, compared to the general population of having a reaction to the shot.

Kim, with you having ALS... can't your Neurologist put in to move you up?

Mine at Wake Forest did... and Ann too. Have you tried going through
your Neurologist? An allergist is kinda in the back of the big picture.

We go for our second shot Thursday.

My neurologist is already involved. He thought I should have the vaccination in a clinical setting. That's why I started working with Advent Health and got on their list. Both the allergist and infectious disease doctors said not to worry about clinical settings, just get the vaccine.

I'm not worried. More shots are on the way and my life won't change until Fred gets his. I believe by the end of this month I'll get mine. Our governor just dropped the age again so now Fred will be able to get his. He has more conditions than I do that put him at risk. He has a pacemaker and COPD although he never smoked. He also has a chronic prostate infection and has been on heavy duty antibiotics for nearly a year.

Hi Kim
Not sure what part of Florida you are in but there might be a Covid vaccine info Facebook group in your area. I am from St. Louis and there is a st. Louis Missouri Covid vaccine information group that has been very helpful letting people know where openings are for vaccines. There are actually members who are helping other members get appointments. I just looked and there is a South Florida Covid vaccine information Facebook group for instance. I would definitely join and tell them your situation. It is how I got my first vaccine.

FYI anyone is eligible for the vaccine in NY over age 60 starting tomorrow.

Just scheduled my first shot (jab, which I prefer. The Brits are so much more descriptive) of the Pfizer vaccine for March 11th. Even though Florida will lower the age to anyone over 60 next week—I’m 63– I wanted to go ahead as a medically vulnerable patient to get it done this week before the expected rush next week.

Very few appointments available this week here in the City, so taking a short 20 minute ride up the road to a small town CVS. Of course, in that small town there is always a possibility I will be jabbed by the cashier while I’m buying my Tylenol...Kevin

Just got the first vaccination. The ALS clinic sent me an invitation a couple of days ago. Two hour drive to San Antonio. Nice day for a drive.
Very quick. Going back in three weeks.
Good luck to all!
Marty

OK, first dose of Pfizer done. Hell, the needle is so small I didn’t even know he had injected me.

The only side effect so far is that I’m horny. I may try to get four or five more. K

Both my housemate and I got appointments for Johnson & Johnson on Monday. It's only a 15 minute drive from home and our appointments are back to back.

I also received the letter from my allergist to take with me.

Kevin, I hope I don't get horny. My "store" has been closed for business for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back