Which comes first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news chuck - you should stay away from here. Remember you are not allowed to post on any other threads, so don't worry about helping others with anxiety, we got that. Go work on getting your life heading where you want it to go.

Thank you, Affected, I’m going to take your advice!

I do have one more question if you guys will allow. There seems to be a discrepancy when it comes to EMG detecting bulbar issues. I’ve read on this site where some people have said they were diagnosed with bulbar onset after having one or more clean EMGs while, in the sticky, it says clean EMG equals no ALS. Can anyone elaborate?

Hi Chuck-

It's pretty clear you are not able to feel reassured, despite being cleared by a neuro after examination, having a clear emg and speaking to folk here. We do get many people who come back because they simply can not believe their doctors or emg results- at that point it becomes clear there is a need for the anxiety to be properly addressed. No matter what we tell you here, it's likely you will feel the need to seek reassurance again in a few days unless you get to the real root of the issue.

Please understand this forum is only for the most basic of questions- which you have received answers to already. If you have specific questions about your particular case, you must speak with your doctor, as the focus here is on the needs of folks already diagnosed with ALS and their caregivers.

They either had upper motor neuron onset ( detectable on exam) or very early localized onset and did not have any of the bulbar screening sites tested. Since you have reported limb symptoms this is not you

I mentioned tongue twitching in one of my earlier posts.

I know but you also reported symptoms elsewhere. It is not reasonable to believe the limb symptoms benign and the tongue malignant. And to reiterate from the sticky Dr Turner of the Oxford MND center said tongue twitching is almost always benign as is other twitching. And you are not early in symptoms having been here for two years. as Fiona says talk to your doctor if you are worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back