where is everybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit i'm not an active poster as I used to be,tend to just read....flagging a bit.....everythings a lot harder these days.
Will try and post more...see if I can get to 3,000 posts by jan14...6th year anniversary here.

Still around too. I've never been good with chit chat, and just not too many questions lately that need an answer I can help with. There used to be all kinds of "how do i do whatever on the computer" but that's been awhile. :cool:

hi Barbie and all new friends
i have found I am soo busy with my pals as well as his monitoring my computer use( he feels i should be tending to him and not on the internet0i beleive it is yet another controll issue) not on o much but i need to be!

Happy gardner, I know the issue with the internet. I put my foot down though, told him internet support groups were my lifeline, and no amount of his complaining was going to change that. I am a better caregiver because of it.

Barbie, glad you posted the question. I'm very guilty of reading and not commenting. I have been down about things and staying quite which is usually hard for me. It was so good to see everyone responding. This board is very important to me and a lot of knowledge to help with every day task.

I am here Barbie, this is rosec. I am just tired.... between my PALS and work and then my allergies were acting up and I had to go see the doctor because I had a case of sinusitis. On top of that, last Friday we had a plumbing emergency!

I am new member to forum. My husband has ALS and he was diagnosed in September 2012. We have been busy trying to stay one step ahead of this disease and I've learned a lot from all of you. Thank you!

wow, I take 3 days away from here and what a great read to see everyone checking in like this!

We had neurologist clinic appt on Friday. Waste of time, we aren't going back, that's about all I can really say publicly, please do PM if you want to know more about that one.

Then we actually spent some nice time together on the weekend and I felt I should just stay away from here a bit and with my PALS.

Really enjoyed hearing the bit of catch up on everyone, it's hard when you see so many registered members on the list to realise that some people register once and never make a post, and then there are all the weird registrations with fake information that must be bots of some kind registering.

Many forums have some kind of control in place to prevent bots registering, but since they don't post I guess they don't bother us, not like that nice quiet DIHALS section :)

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone here for the support they do give. We are all having a hard time dealing with wherever we are at with this monster, and the support here flows around and touches us all.

Nice thread... No hols here sadly but instead been doing a mix of avoiding the site or reading&not replying. Y'know when your own reserves are low & feeling down I think it is difficult to provide support or intelligent comments. August has been a bad month & havent felt like I had much to give anyone else. Different for different people i guess. Some talk more, others withdraw. Just hold your nose till you get to acceptance! :)

Maybe it is the heat that had us all so down in the dumps. we all need a beach weekend! I am buying a round of ice cold margaritas or if you prefer lovely Mojitos for everyone.

I'll take a margarita. The weather here has made me a little more sluggish. I went to work the other day and wondered why I was so hot when the hospital is air-conditioned. I look and saw that my co-worker had jacked up the thermostat to 85. Luckily, I had a fan that I was able to turn on. I was miserable. Thank God for deodorant. lol

I do check in every once in a while, mostly when I have a question. But I must admit, at times I avoid it because I am, at times desperately trying to ignore that Tim has ALS and just pretend he just a guy stuck in a wheelchair. Also I sometimes feel embarrassed that I am having such a difficult time adjusting to this when I am so blessed with my experience as an RN, and that we don't have the financial difficulties that so many others do. I have been doing all my husband's care, and trying to finish the house that we built. His daughter has moved from Texas to help with the house work, and my sisters have been amazing. I had to go back to work this August so that I could maintain all my seniority and benefits, and just when we needed it, a dear woman from our church who was trained as an RN became available to be with Tim, while I am at work, and his daughter is at college. I get so many excellent ideas here, on how to take care of Tim. I have been an RN for 32 years, working in an ER mostly and I have never come into contact with anyone with ALS. So I have had to do a lot of research, and ask a lot of questions. Thankfully we have an amazing Physiatrist who's own mother had an ALS type disease, and she has a care plan laid out that is fool proof. Tim is an american VET so has all his equipment and treatment covered. The one thing that complicates things is that he is an American, living in Canada while still waiting for his permanent residency. But there is reciprocal agreement between the two countries dealing with Vets, so we have many benefits. Also we live in a fairly small town in the interior of British Columbia.
I am so impressed with the endurance & ingenuity of the people on this forum. I pray that God blesses all of you, and helps us all through this indescribably difficult time.

I'll Have a mojito please, never had one. It is terrible hot here and humid. I am glad we went camping last weekend and not this coming weekend, it is supposed to get hotter each day.

mojito here too please!

I'll take the margarita Barbie! Make that two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back