where is everybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad has a free happy hour at his new living facility. But, I'm not going to disclose the location to you all. lol

Great thread Barbie! I'll have a monitor if Kim hasn't drank them already! I also have been typing less as my hands rebelled... si had s diaghram pacer "installed" in July, along with a peg which I don't use yet. School starts tomorrow for one son, next week for another son (both in high school) and my daughter started Sophomore year in college a few days ago! And I'm going to my niece's wedding this weekend...

Um... that would be a mojito ...

Hello....wait for me! We checked into a hotel for a couple of days so I could get my PALS a shower (he says for 50k bathroom remodel that's a lot of trips to the hotel)! Anyway, we've been gone so I am slow to respond! I appreciate the people and the advice on this forum more than you can imagine! My PALS has speech and swallow issues now so we are contending with that and of course the snazzy hoyer learning curve and we've had some other family health issues to deal with. So nice to see the thread! Thanks Barbie for getting things going. Oh and margarita for me!

I'm T total so will just have a cup of tea thanks.

olly I bet Barbie could make you a fake mojito so you feel like you are in the spirit!

then you can be sure we don't all fall right off our chairs when we accept the 10th one from the generous Barbie warrior pricness :-o

I just popped in today for the first time in awhile. Summer has been busy, kids go back to school on Tuesday. It seems our schedule is working with caregivers etc but Tom has deteriorated to a much weaker state. I am heartbroken. I really just wanted to let everyone know that I pray for the people of this forum and their families and wish you all the best.

I have not been on the forum for a couple of weeks. Mom moved into a skilled nursing home. She is right around the corner and I am there all of the time. While she was at home, I would sit by her and use the computer. Now I am sitting next to there there and w/o the laptop! But I think I may start bringing it with me.
Mom is progressing and her breathing is becoming more difficult. Her Hospice nurse said it is going to become worse. Ugh. I just wish this disease was not so drawn out......her suffering..........her anxiety. I hate it.

Hello everyone! I took a break for a little while, but thought I would check in to see how everyone is doing. I think I checked in at the right time....I could use a Margarita please. :) You're all the best and I've missed reading the posts. I've missed you guys!

Take Care.

I haven't been on lately either and just decided to check in today. Partly avoidance I guess. And guilt because I don't call my parents as much as I should because my dad is beating me down and driving me nuts, kind of mumbles and rambles on about stuff and I have no idea what he's talking about, won't directly answer my questions, etc. Then always claims my mom is "too tired to talk" and "you can't understand her anymore anyway." But I talked to her on 9/4 about her feeding tube which she got 9/5. She sounded the same as she did the last time we spoke. But SHE is more upbeat and in better spirits than HE is. I said I wanted to bring the girls up for a visit and he was all "let me talk to your mother, she gets really worn out these days..." but I asked her directly and she was overjoyed! The time before that, he scared me to death because he had me thinking we need to call in Hospice or something and I wasn't sure when things went downhill. So my sister went up to visit and check in on them (it's about 2 hours away), and she said it was the same as far as my mom's symptoms. I don't know what his deal is. Well. I DO, but I don't like it and need him to stop acting like he is.

On the ALS front, her clinic appointment in August showed either no change or improvement in the various things they test- breathing, strength, etc. I realize she isn't "improving" and that she might have just been having a better day, not as tired, etc. But the point is there seems to be no progression of her symptoms since May. She just is sick of the ordeal that eating has become and wants it to stop being the center of her life. So she said she was ready for the feeding tube. Got that on the 5th and the procedure went fine.

Emotionally it makes me sad because my oldest daughter is 7 today and she got nothing from Nana. :( My mom is the type that a card shows up ON your birthday and she normally calls her at 6:30am on the actual day to sing her happy birthday. Nothing this year. She didn't even mention her birthday. But my glorious in-laws called this morning at 6:30 knowing my mom wouldn't be able to do it and they sang to Caitlin. And we are going up to see my parents this weekend (God help me). I'm so glad my mom is so happy we are coming. But my dad is going to be a beat down. :-/

Anyway, sorry to ramble! This is why I don't post. I feel like I wear y'all out and I don't have much to contribute. Ugh. I hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected. I think of you every day and wonder how everyone is. Glad I checked in.

Jamie

I'm here too. I check in once in a while. I've met some amazing people here, both online and in person. Thanks to all of you! And yes, a margarita would be great right now! Yasmin.

Checking in! I have not been around the forums in a while, dad went to nursing home a few weeks ago and it just got too hard so after visits I would go anywhere ALS wasn't for a while. Dad passed away a week ago and funeral was earlier this week, I was thinking of you all tonight and wanted to check up on everyone :)

My condolences.

Funny you mentioned vacation. Not a word often used in our world. My sweet friend has been diagnosed and we sat down to discuss what's ahead. We are both ATP's and work with others with this diagnosed but never thought it would touch one of us. WRONG! We knew a PWC was coming and some type of van to go places. So I started looking. Trying to get ahead of the curve.

I looked at several and quickly determined that this was way out of our budget till his therapist gave us some info. What a find. I felt finally someone understood. Not only did I find a solution to our van situation but also what would I do when neither he nor I could move him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Barbie - I am here and new, too. I try to participate daily but typing is getting harder :-(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back