Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
:roll:It has been particularly quiet on the forum lately--we can't all look and not talk you know...

I hate to see the forum get so quiet because I know everyone has so much going on, and it is no good to bottle it up! I have personally been quiet-- kinda burned out and tired. but I know , this forum is a life saver so we all need to be active. if you have a question, ask! don't be shy!

Maybe everyone is taking a vacation? I know I am not LOL!

So if you are out there reading this, lets do a roll call and everybody check in! I miss all you guys and our friendships!

Barbie

I'm here Barbie. Still keeping on keeping on.... Just like you!

finally some good news. last oct we felt it was necessary to down size and today we closed on selling our home. difficult as I spent two years building it myself, 4100sqft on three beautiful landscaped acres. we were able to enjoy it 8 years. love the place we moved into 1800sqft condo, all outside maintenance taken care of. life is good

Hey Barbie and other faithful friends. I'm here for the long haul. This forum was such an important part of Annie's life, not only for information, but enduring friendships.

Hi Barbie,

I'm around, but I usually don't post out here because I don't feel qualified to give much advice and the places I do post, like the jokes thread end the music thread aren't getting looked at much either. We used to have 15 or 20 looking at both of those, but they suddenly stopped it seems.

We keep posting, but hardly ever see any viewers. So that's my excuse. I just mostly use PMing and visitors posts for the newbies anymore. If anyone wants to talk, I check in at least once every day, I'm happy to jump in.

Steve

I check in every few days. WE sold our Van, so I can continue to stay home with Les. KIds college classes start Monday. My son turned 21 yesterday, daughter will be 19 tomorrow. IT is really smokey here in Reno. BEen like this for almost 2 weeks. One fire is out, and now we are getting smoke from Yosemite which is 150 miles away.

Hi Barbie,

I'm around, but I usually don't post out here because I don't feel qualified to give much advice and the places I do post, like the jokes thread end the music thread aren't getting looked at much either. We used to have 15 or 20 looking at both of those, but they suddenly stopped it seems.

We keep posting, but hardly ever see any viewers. So that's my excuse. I just mostly use PMing and visitors posts for the newbies anymore. If anyone wants to talk, I check in at least once every day, I'm happy to jump in.

Steve

Steve, starting back in late spring things were changed so you had to be signed in as a member to see some of the sections of the "Off Topic" heading. So "guests" can no longer view the "Jokes", "PZ's Pub", or "Christian" threads. I'm sure that's why you saw a sudden drop off in the number of views in the "Jokes" thread. I observed the same drop off. I think there are a lot of people who regularly view the forum but either don't want to join or don't want to log in.

I agree Barbie, I just joined in June but I really like coming here, I just don't see many people responding, are there not many of us out there? I tried another website but it seems to be a commercial for different treatments. I posted a few days ago about little hot spots on my muscles but got one responce that said he never had that, at least he responded.

Here! Yep I read every day but only post once or twice a week. Just like you mentioned. :-(. Just got some caregivers and weeding thru ones I don't like. Just got my pwc. Practicing on that.

I'm still here too. I poke my nose around the forum everyday. Have been focussing on enjoying what is left of summer. Our 4 yr old started school this week. She was so excited, she was vibrating. Our 2 yr old was sad to see her leave in the morning. But when she came back in the afternoon, the kidlets were so happy to see each other that hugged and danced around. It was so heartwarming. A tear jerking moment :)

I am here. Joined in July. I too poke around daily but do not always contribute as I do not feel qualified to respond.

I'm here - just reading mostly and dealing with life as best as I can. Kids are back in school which means I have a lot of homework.

Hi Barbie
Yep, Just got back from camping. Very relaxing and ready to face the world again. My youngest starts senior year Monday.

Still here, I check in twice a week. Just dealing with difficult end stage situation. Love to all. Dani

I just joined in the last week.
I am my wife's caregiver and she is in the final stages of ALS.
We are both 68.

I am amazed that nearly 90% if people I met have no idea what ALS is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back