When you are falling and there's not a damn thing you can do to stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"still can't believe I'm this helpless" - it sucks

Vince, sorry to hear about the fall and glad no damage was done.

Being careful can help, but does not stop the falls (in my experience).

Yep, it sucks.

Steve

Glad you are OK Vince, falling is our nemesis both physically and mentally. For me the depression of falling usually is more difficult than the physical damage.

The fear of falling keeps me close to home, when I fall I need something that I can pull myself up on. I have to concentrate when walking because I can trip over anything, irregular surfaces are a *****.

This journey is the most difficult thing I have ever been faced with. I just can't take much more of this crap.........I hate my quality of life.:cry::cry::cry:

Vince, I don't know what Vincent was referring to, but I use stander security pole. Next to the bed, it works great.

Deb

Vince, I know what you mean, and I'm glad to hear you're OK. I was diagnosed with ALS last month, but I had a couple of very public falls before that and another one a week ago at a crowded restaurant.

Regards,
Ed

The Freedom Alert, which you can put around your neck or elsewhere, works with a landline. Sorry about your falls, Vince and Kim, and the helplessness you feel, but also glad you were not seriously hurt. Be careful!

Ed, if you care to start a new thread and introduce yourself under "Newly Diagnosed," we would love to learn more about you.

Best,
Laurie

Nothing you can do to stop it - yep
Can't believe I'm this helpless - yep
Tears, for the shock and the disappointment, even if no physical damage - yep

ALS sucks!

so sorry for your your fall, vince. but look on the bright side: blue and gold looks pretty good this year ! !

I so understand your frustration, Vince. That feeling of helplessness is hard to accept.

Hugs,
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back