Diagnosis
10/2017
Country
US
State
PA
City
Zelienople
I took a visit to the earliest posts in this sub. In a thread titled "When Prayer Doesn't Work" I saw this from March, 2012:

We all have to die of something, perhaps this ALS will bring out the best in us....if we co-operate with God's graces. I hate having ALS, but I can see that it has made me very grateful for EVERYTHING, instead of taking everything for granted. I have lived more fully since my diagnosis, grateful for every precious day given to me. I want to make a difference....and the way to do that is loving everybody unconditionally...

These ideas resonate very much with me. I, too, have become more grateful for everything and am trying to love others more.

The OP was discouraged because prayers for healing had not been answered. Not too long after my DX, I realized that even people who were miraculously healed died of something. Even Lazarus, after being called out of the tomb, died again at some point. I laughed, imagining myself saying to God, "Wait - I'm not supposed to die of ALS! You're making a mistake! It's supposed to be something else!" If I stay on the ALS path, I know that God and Jesus will be with me, and that the Holy Spirit will guide me. The same as they would if I were healed.

Because we don't see an answer that we want to prayer, does that mean prayer has no power? The power is in the God we pray to, not in the prayers themselves. He is sovereign and he has his purposes, and we can't say to him, "Hey, you got this wrong." There is nothing wrong with prayers for healing; we are told in Scripture to pray for sickness and I pray for healing. But sick or well, we will all meet God some day, in his time. What matters is our relationship with him.

As we lean on Him, I pray that God will grant us his blessings and the peace of his presence.

Beautifully spoken and very meaningful. Thank you☺️. May Blessings ✝️abound B 😷.
"The power is in the God we pray to, not in the prayers themselves."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back