Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Columbus
I've struggled with that question for a long time... what do I want to do when I grow up? Saddly, I've been "grown up" for some time and I'm still not sure, at least not until recently. Mom & I were having a discussion about how we feel we could help people who are, unfortunately, just getting started on their journey with ALS. If we don't put the information and compassion that we gained along our journey to good use, then it was truly all for nothing. And we'll spend the rest of our days saying, "poor us." That's when it hit me... I'm going to figure out a way to put my marketing degree to use by creating awareness and raising money for ALS events and research. I've sent my resume to the ALS Association of Central & Southern Ohio and they seem to be eager for my help as a volunteer. I will give all of the time I have, but would LOVE to make my living at making a difference within the ALS community.

Anyone have any ideas? Just thought I'd ask.

Be well friends.

Jenn, I sent you a pm. I believe you can do this!

I think Stu at ALS Guardian Angels would love to talk to you!

Thanks CJ... I reached out to Stu. Haven't heard back but hope to soon.. I'll keep ya'll posted

I agree with CJ. I believe Lisa and Stu at GA can use all the ideas and support available. I tried a couple of fundrasing ideas locally, but didn't get far.

Good idea~!

Jenny,

Sometimes Stu can be a real space cadet. You gotta keep trying him and he'll get back to you!

Stu you are silly..lol

This is fantastic....ever see the movie: Pay it Forward ? get the klenex box out and have a good but purposeful cry and then pay ti forward. I love you guys for doing this! Have you heard of the ALS Guardian Angels? Go to their website and check them out...they truely are angels. They sent me a dynavox speech device with no cost to me, not even shipping! They help so many of us pals. God bless you!

Jenny,

Sometimes Stu can be a real space cadet. You gotta keep trying him and he'll get back to you!

Will do since he hasn't responded to my email yet! lol!

keep buggin him you may catch him at the right time

JennB329,

Red Skelton once said; "One will always find the time to do the things they
really want to do."

It's not who said it, because somewhere, someone else said it. It is true, we will
find the time to do what we really want to do. Your opening statement about,
"When you grow up" what a cliché Sometimes we grow in, or out, not always
up. :)

In the Book of Acts it says; about the age of 40 God placed it in the heart of Moses
to deliver his people. Call me a religious fanatic, but it is true. Our hearts are filled
with all kinds of desire, but the ones that make a real difference are the ones
we are truly called to perform.

Having said that, I refer you to the prophet Bob Segar. We will find ourselves just
"Running against the wind." :)

Go get em.

Jim

JennB329,
Our hearts are filled with all kinds of desire, but the ones that make a real difference are the ones we are truly called to perform.

Having said that, I refer you to the prophet Bob Segar. We will find ourselves just
"Running against the wind." :)

Go get em.

Jim

Gentleman Jim,
As a long time follower of the prophet Segar, I agree with you. I have been Running Against The Wind for quite some time. Now, I finally feel like I have been "called". It seems as though everything in my life has brought me to this point.

Still looking for the best way to answer my calling... it's not like there are many open positions in the field of marketing for such a cause. But I'll continue to volunteer to get my foot in the door until I can find my way.

Thank you all for your support and if you hear of ANYTHING, I'm here and ready to start Running WITH The Wind.

Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back