Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
va
City
Lake Frederick
My sister has ALS. Lately, it seems like she is wheezing. Is this common for other people with ALS? Thanks!

My dad did not have wheezing, but he did have shortness of breath having a hard time getting enough in and out. If your sister is having any type of difficulty with breathing, I think it is important for her to see her doctor. It could be ALS related or it is possible that she is having another medical condition affecting her breathing in addition to the ALS. Either way, it needs to be addressed. Is she currently using any assistive breathing equipment, such as bi-pap? Are there any allergies or asthma involved? If her breathing is compromised by the ALS, it is possible that her lungs are having more difficulty dealing with another problem, and the solution would need to include each issue. Best wishes helping her out. Holly

My husband had slight wheezing when he was first going thru tests to rule out ALS. He never had wheezing before. He doesn't have allergies either. Doc gave him script for albuterol. He uses it when necessary but hasn't been necessary lately. And his breathing is great! Sorry doesn't really help you. Get her to pulmonologist for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back