Status
Not open for further replies.
The wheelchair accessible situation is not an easy one ! Can you find through the ALS association in your area a company that deals with handicap accessible vans ? My husband has ALS and we just purchased a van through a mobility company . They are so expensive , even used , because of the conversion in the van that makes it lift up and down and has a ramp that comes out , but I think they are worth it , and if you purchase from a mobility company , they buy it back in the event it is no longer needed ( referring to your comment " what if I'm not around in 3 months ) . I highly recommend you keep searching to try and make this happen . I love being able to bring my husband everywhere now !! I would help you if I was in your state ~ but ~ start at ALS association ~ they should be helpful . There IS a van for sale in my town for 5000$ . It's old but all new parts . I don't know maybe you have someone willing to come up here and drive it back ? Let me know ~ I could get you the info ! Also , did you say you are a veteran ?
Ok ~ I see there is no chapter in WV , try and call the national chapter and see if something is close . I'm going to reach out to our mobility co that sold us our used van and see if he knows anyone down in that area .

Last edited:
When ya got to go? Lewisburg is on the way. And you got the van. Love ya man chally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back