Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
CO
City
Vail
With all the activity this summer, I have not been able to go on very many wheelchair rides. I was able to go out for a ride yesterday evening part way up Vail pass. The bike path goes near our home and climbs to the top of Vail pass. I often used to ride part way up it on a bicycle after work.

Yesterday I went on a 9 mile round trip, gaining 1,000 feet in elevation. It was a beautiful day and the evening ride was wonderful.

I thought I would try to share a couple of videos to show you what I experienced. The first one is of part of the ride up and the second one is of a different part of the ride back down. The gentleman who passes me in the second one around the 2:20 time is a friend who rides that round trip just about every day. He is 90 years old and is a bit of a legend around here! He recently set the record as the oldest person to have summited Mt Kilimanjaro (19,341 feet high).

I don't have a stabilized camera, so the videos are a bit shaky.

Video of ride up Vail Pass

Video of ride down Vail Pass

Steve

Smooth pavement, virtually no traffic. Beautiful!

Absolutely breathtaking!
So the message here is once we have a pwc, get out from our chairs in the house and see what we have been missing!

That is awesome! Thanks for the ride!

That's only a bike path - not for cars? If we had such a lovely, smooth road here, I'd go out. As it is, so many of the ramps on sidewalks are either steep or crooked, they make me afraid I'm going to tip over or fall out!
Could you send another one when the trees turn color🍁? I enjoy the sound of the wind, too.. Thank u. B:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back