Reason
DX MND
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
Colorado
With all the activity this summer, I have not been able to go on very many wheelchair rides. I was able to go out for a ride yesterday evening part way up Vail pass. The bike path goes near our home and climbs to the top of Vail pass. I often used to ride part way up it on a bicycle after work.

Yesterday I went on a 9 mile round trip, gaining 1,000 feet in elevation. It was a beautiful day and the evening ride was wonderful.

I thought I would try to share a couple of videos to show you what I experienced. The first one is of part of the ride up and the second one is of a different part of the ride back down. The gentleman who passes me in the second one around the 2:20 time is a friend who rides that round trip just about every day. He is 90 years old and is a bit of a legend around here! He recently set the record as the oldest person to have summited Mt Kilimanjaro (19,341 feet high).

I don't have a stabilized camera, so the videos are a bit shaky.

Video of ride up Vail Pass

Video of ride down Vail Pass

Steve

KarenNWendyn

Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
OR
Smooth pavement, virtually no traffic. Beautiful!

blitzc

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
01/2018
Country
US
State
OH
Absolutely breathtaking!
So the message here is once we have a pwc, get out from our chairs in the house and see what we have been missing!

nona

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
NH
That is awesome! Thanks for the ride!