10/1993
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Edmonton
Hi folks,
I'm looking at getting a new wheelchair soon and I'm looking at the Invacare TDX-5. It has this 'True Track' gearless/brushless motor and a programmable control.
I took one for a test drive and it is super quick and super quiet. It's a mid wheel ride and has a mechanism that keeps the chair from pitching forward!
(My Jazzy 1170 has a tendency of doing that which can make the ol' heart rate jump!)

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with one? Any problems and such?

Thanks all!

Hi Mike. I've had the TDX5 since late March and it's been great. Sometimes on a slope you have to go forward before backing up because the tires lose some traction on the slopes I get on but it's a pretty good ATV. I run on quite a big grassy property and it just won't tip backwards and I've gone down some steep slopes frontwards and while it feels scary there doesn't seem to be a tendency to tip forward. It's pretty good in the snow as well as long as it's under 6 inches. The Roho seat is pretty good. I'm in it 10-14 hours most days and no problems yet. I have the tilt but not the telescopic feature. The batteries are good. They say to charge every night but I go 3 and 4 days between charges sometimes. I've gone 5k in it and the battery indicator didn't move down so it'll take you far between charges. I think the batteries will last longer than your bladder. LOL. I got the gel desk type armrests. They're the most comfortable I think. I got a used base and that saved about 4 or 5 grand off the price. It looked brand new so I don't think it made any difference. All in all I like it. If you need more info let me know. AL.

Sounds like a really snazzy chair, Al. One thing to add, Mike....my dad was advised to get the recline feature as well as tilt, because this gives greater flexibility for positioning. This is very important if your neck muscles go and you need to be reclined to be comfortable, yet don't want your feet up in the air blocking your view of the pavement. You may be aware of this already.

By the way Mike as a safety feature if you are tilted more than 20 degrees the chair locks out and won't move. I'm not sure of the angle but it tilts almost flat on your back. Because of breathing issues I only do that for demonstration purposes.
AL.

Thanks guys!
Just the info I was looking for.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back