Not open for further replies.

KarstBoy

Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
04/2021
Country
US
My PALS is not yet in a PWC yet but in planning ahead, I'm leaning toward a Permobile F3. We also don't have a conversion van yet but the one I'm leaning strongly toward is a 2018+ Toyota Sienna with Braunability conversion (side entry).

My Question - Will the F3 easily enter a Braunability converted side entry 2018+ Sienna and swing into the passenger side up front without any hassle?

The F3 comes in different variants, and the height of the user/width of the chair will affect that answer, so I would strongly advise not jumping in before you have the chair, if the margins are close (e.g. if your PALS is wide and/or tall). If you can provide height/weight, you may get some better answers from users, and of course it's a question for the van dealer as well, who presumably has seen the circumstances in which a power chair hasn't fit.

Remember when checking specs to look at height, width and depth, including turning radius. And the depth should reflect that most PALS will need some recline and/or tilt when riding, for comfort. However, height is the priority when entering the van. Some recline may help if there is an issue, but it has to be an amount that the PALS can tolerate for the long term.

OK, thanks for the info Igelb. My PALS is very short at just under 5'.

As stated, I don't have a van or wheelchair yet but I'm curious about others experience with the combo of a newer Sienna and an F3. When the time comes, I'll probably see if I can get a loaner F3 from ALSTexas and try it in the van before I plop down the money.

Chrysler products seem to be all the rage with conversion companies but I want something reliable. I've owned both Chrysler and Toyota products through the years and I've been very disappointed with Chrysler.

I just sold our 2020 Toyota Sienna that was adapted by BraunAbility. My PALS had a Quantum iLevel power chair and it was a perfect fit regarding turning radius and height. We previously had an adapted Dodge Caravan which was a tight fit and horrible shock absorbers. KarstBoy, I am interested in selling our power chair. Please get in touch with me if you’re interested. I live in San Antonio. Good luck. Leslie

I have a Permobil F3 - I am about 5'4", weigh about 140. I have a 2015 Toyota Sienna Braunability conversion with a fold down ramp on the passenger side. With the front passenger seat removed, I am able to go forward up the ramp and turn into the passenger area. When the front passenger seat is not removed, I have to back up the ramp into the middle section of the van, otherwise I cannot turn the wheelchair around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back