Diagnosis
02/2018
Country
US
State
VA
City
--
This is a Permobil M3 maybe 6 months old. For a while the error message JSM Bad Cable 7F00 popped up and we were promised that a cable would be ordered and nothing has happened so far despite follow ups on my part.

Today however, the wheelchair simply stopped working for a while. Eventually I was able to turn it on from the rear controls. Sometimes I can move the wheelchair from the rear control. Other times I cannot and have to switch it on and off until I it works again. From the controls at the armrest the seat and footrests can change position but the chair won't move.
Sometimes that same error code JSM Bad Cable 7F00 will display for a second. Other times all the buttons will flash red. Other times there is a big circle on the display that seems to tell me to switch the wheelchair off.

Has anyone else experienced this? We were promised a rep would stop by Friday afternoon.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. Occasionally we had general wiring faults with similar symptoms, but rebooting after vaguely touching wires connected to the joystick controller worked for us.

Since your problems sound like either a bad cable or a bad connection rather than a kink or jolt, it will have to be debugged. Make sure they check all the possibilities since there can be more than one thing wrong even with a "new" chair. And make sure you get direct contact info for whoever shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back