Learn about ALS
Country
Uk
State
Glasgow
City
Glasgow
Hi everyone,

Ok so I posted here after 3 months of the symptoms first occurring since then I have seen a Nuro and noted there was no abnormalities. Unfortunately another 3 months on, I have had worse symptoms. I have had to go private and pay for my Nuro which I see in two weeks as I can't wait another 3 months to be seen on the national health service.

Basically I have fasciculation which started as thumpers in my calfs for about2 months them thighs then arms biceps and triceps and my eye lids and tounge, and weird places like my bum cheeks and chest, but mostly all the time if I am resting it's my feet and legs and you can visually see them.

That didn't bother me as I thought it would be bfs as I had really bad cramps at some point some when sitting down that was nearly unbearable and stiffness in fingers and waking up some nights with dead arms and hands but return normal when move them and let the blood rush back to them.

Moving on, I have lost muscle fibres in my feet I can see my bones a lot clearer in my feet and hands and my shoes are starting to become loose all the time, it was my left and foot and hand which started now it's my right as well, so they are thinner. The muscle area in Palm of my hand where the base of my thumb is is become thinner with the skin going wrinkled and dents appearing( which defenetly not there before ) and when holding things sometimes it's a burning feeling I get and its sore when it shouldn't

That is what's scaring me the most p, the fact I have twitching, cramps, what seem muscle atrophy. I am just scared that one day I will wake up with the foot or wrist drop.

The Nuro didn't do a emg he thought there was nothing wrong with me even though I told him about weight lose in the arms and calfs which came first befor all of this, but I had stopped drinking alcohol which I consumed a lot of and thoughts this was a result of not drinking and changed life style and weight lose.

Basically what I would like to know is could this be anything else other than Als, can alcohol abuse and Cocain abuse do this. I am 30 years old and was fit and healthy until I got into this abusive lifestyle witch I have completely stopped.

According to the internet I have PMA but I don't have any weakness symptoms really except my right foot feels a bit weak but it's lost a but of muscle which now looks the same as the left which is fine! I am sorry if this is all jumbled. My grammar isn't the best either!

Oh and I genually had a dropped tounge ( right side) for a few weeks then went away!

My hands and feet look different to 6 months ago I mean can see the bones more they are thinner and the balls of my foot have shrunk too. Even holding this I pad I can feel the burning at the thumb part that's wasting on my palm :( What us going on!?

"The Nuro didn't do a emg he thought there was nothing wrong with me"
I think the neurologist is right. Neurologists are very, very smart.

"could this be anything else other than Als"
Yes. In fact, you shouldn't even be thinking about ALS at all. You don't have the symptoms.

"can alcohol abuse and Cocain abuse do this."
Yes. I've seen drug abuse do weird stuff.

"What us going on!? "
Don't know. You need to ask a doctor who can see you, touch you, and test you.

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry to see you have lost someone my prayers go out to you.

I guess I am just trying to make sense of this weirdness of what's happening to me, just looking down at limbs and seeing buts missing and twitching moving kind of pointed me this way and the docs don't really know what is going on I think it's time to change my doc anyway.

A possitive has came from this and God reaches us in different ways, when my life was a mess and I had a breakdown 6 months ago ( due to alcohol and drugs) I found him in my heart he was always there. Since then not touched anything and just try and help others, it's only this and the stupid idea of me having such a fatal deases that gets me down sometimes.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back