Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
US
State
Va
City
Chesapeake
Diagnosed with ALS in May confirmed in July. Such a feeling of solitude. My husband is great and is pushing me daily to not lose hope and my children (26 and 24) are supportive as well. I just keep waiting for the shock of it to go away. It's hard to talk about with friends and family, I'm a Christian and I guess it's time to live what I've always professed to believe.

Welcome, Cindy.

You'll find lots of support here with others who are traveling the same path. My girls are 25, 28 and 30

Check out some of our Christian threads

You're not alone.

Hello Cindy,

We truly truly understand what you are going through. Relieved to know you have such a loving and supportive family. I'm lucky that way too. Prayer is helping me more than I ever dreamed possible. The folks here are awesome - bright shining stars - each and everyone. (especially the CALS who have helped me so much) Once you let us creep into your heart, you will feel less alone and in many ways, less helpless. That's been my personal experience. Our son is 28.

Hi Cindy, we are in this with you in some way or another. Many of us are living on our faith and finding out just how strong we are. It is a journey, but we will surround you with support.

Hi,
I'm 29 and i've been along with my dad who's been fighting this disease for 3 years now, any questions you may have? this is the right place to ask. We will all try to help each other.

Regards,
David

Welcome Cyndy......So happy to hear you are a Christian! I find so much comfort in my Bible and praying. All of us PALS here have went through ever emotion you are having or will have. Just remember you are NOT alone. We are all here with you. I have learned so much from reading the posts. I too have a loving and supportive husband and 2 great kids (24 & 29)

Welcome and I see we are geographically, neighbors (almost).
I have very supportive children from my first marriage who are 31 and 27. My pals' daughter however.... very, very absent in this journey and it hurts him deeply. Not real sure about her...... Instead we concentrate on the journey between one CAL (me) and one PAL (my sweet pea). We live by this mantra: "You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."

Thank you so much...for the first time I am actually talking to someone else with ALS! My heart feels a little less heavy, knowing that there is support from those who have been battling this themselves.

Welcome to the family 4Cyndy. You will find a great bunch of people here willing to listen to you and help you.

Hi Cyndy! Welcome! The shock will wear off after awhile. Then it's adapt, adapt adapt. Have you contacted your localALS Association yet? They are a wealth of information regarding ALS and are very helpful. We go to a monthly ALS Support Group meeting once a month and can call or e-mail our group leader at any time with any questions. They also have a loaner closet with most everything you need to borrow for as long as you need it. Let us know if you have any questions. Hugs to you!

Hi Cyndy,

You are not alone! This group has saved my sanity more times than I can count! Ask, ask, ask...rant, rave and come for tea!

Jen

Hi Cyndy and welcome to our board family. Remember to take it a day at a time.

Cyndy I am sad to see you join us however happy that you found this site so we can help each other and our families through this. This site is a God send and we are all on this journey together.

Cindy...you came to a place that offers so much love, support and knowledge. I am sorry you have to be here...but be assured the arms that hold you here are very welcoming.
Ask, cry, vent....this is still a place to rest, learn and love.
Wishing you well.

Welcome cyndy. my husband doesn't like to talk to us about it much either. He keeps things from us so we don't worry. Funny....we still worry.. There are a lot of great people here that will listen-answer your questions - and be there for you. You can whine...cry...laugh...anything you want. We are here and we're all going down this road together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back