Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Moreno valley
I've been having twitching prodomentitely in my left arm, sometimes in my thighs, back, stomach, calves, and right arm. My hands will be in pain some days and some days not in pain. Also I've been having an aching lower back. I had a emg done january 15 and its was normal but my twitching got worse after that.

Hi, have a read here: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

Twitching is so common as to not indicate anything specific- particularly as you are not reporting anything that would give a doctor cause to think ALS. There is a very unique group of symptoms that indicates ALS, and pain/twitching not accompanied by these other symptoms means you must look elsewhere for your answers. Keep working with your doctor to find the root of your issues, but thankfully, this forum is not a place you need to be.

All the best

Hi, have a read here: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

Twitching is so common as to not indicate anything specific- particularly as you are not reporting anything that would give a doctor cause to think ALS. There is a very unique group of symptoms that indicates ALS, and pain/twitching not accompanied by these other symptoms means you must look elsewhere for your answers. Keep working with your doctor to find the root of your issues, but thankfully, this forum is not a place you need to be.

All the best
Thanks for your answer, but I have one more question if my twitching was als related would the emg I had in january have picked up any findings suggesting of als?

Yes. EMG will pick up changes suggestive of ALS even in asymptomatic areas. If you had ALS the EMG would have picked it up. It was not done too soon.

Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described.

You have been cleared of ALS. Go out and celebrate.

In als is it possible to have a normal clinical exam. And when fasciculations start are they constant or are little pops here and there and are the fasciculations felt?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a normal clinical exam, you don’t have ALS.

Twitching means squat. Please reread what I said above.

Please read the post you were directed to as soon as you got here. Read it twice so you take it in properly.
That way our members who are terminally ill, or looking after someone terminally ill, do not have to keep answering about twitching over and over. I hope you can realise that a little bit of effort on your part is only fair, and is truly the best thing you can do for yourself.
Once you have read it all thoroughly, maybe try and do some good healthy things for yourself and go see your doctor if your concerns persist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back