What type of feeding tube will give me the most independence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clarifying. Looks quite pricey, and I'm hoping to enjoy eating fruits and vegetables again soon. Today I expanded to microwaved potato, and finished my cooked apple and cooking liquid. Also had a tiny serving of salmon, no skin yet.

Today I restarted my meds, and in addition to my consomé, chicken and rice, I also had asparagus, half a mango, and some rice and tofu. Still keeping fats to a minimum. First poop in a week, yay. Also, now that the tube is not under so much pressure, the skin around the stoma is finally losing the beefy red color.

Q1: when I was throwing up so much, where was all that dark, voluminous stuff coming from? It wasn't from ingested food or water.

Q2: the bumper (plastic disk that's supposed to be near my tummy skin, on the outside) moved suddenly by itself, to the point that it's an inch away from the skin. Can/should that be adjusted? How?

Q3: as my typing is getting more diff., can someone tell me how to use a spell checker/fixer on this site?

Q2: The bumper should slide on the tube. Just hold the tube and gently push the bumper back to the stoma. I suggest using a small zip tie or a nylon twist-wire clamp to keep the bumper from moving freely.

Q3. Most browsers have a plugin spell/grammar checker. I use Grammarly which can be downloaded for Chrome or Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back