• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry for your loss--but thankful for your strength--as it must have been difficult to write of his final hours. it's very telling of your strength and compassion that you'd take the time to help allay the fears so many here certainly must feel.

My prayers are with you and yours in this time.

I am sorry for your loss and grateful for your courage to share this with us. Thank you.

My heartfelt prayers are with you. Thank you for sharing with us. May peace surround you.
diane

You are in my thoughts and prayers, thanks for sharing your experience so that others may find comfort.

Stephie,
I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I have found great comfort in what you have written. I also have been trying to find something to give me insight of what the end will be like. My fear also is that I will be gasping for air! I am terrified of not being able to breathe. Now I know that will not be the case and I can at least put that fear aside. I pray God will bless you with peace that only He can give. Thank you for your courage.
Linda

Stephie,
I thank you as well. I am sorry for your loss. Your words hit home for so many ... the idea of searching this site for answers, to try to envision what is ahead. Thanks for being there for people who follow you and your husband. My husband also is living with ALS on his own terms, in a very positive way. I personally think one of the hardest parts is not knowing what will happen when. But we live day by day, and try to enjoy each day. Thinking of you in your loss.
Loralie

I am so sorry for your sadness, at the same time I am happy your dear Husband is at peace. I wish you and yours peace of mind and heart. Thank you so much for sharing.

Thank you so much for sharing, and for easing the minds of both those who suffer from ALS and those whose loved one's are suffering. This was SO comforting to me that I am actually making a copy of your post to send to my 2 sisters (they are not on this site and will be grateful for your story). I wish you PEACE and faith until you see him again someday.

What a brave brave lady, thank you for letting us in to a very private moment. It was comforting and helpful for many people. Thanks
Aly

What a brave brave lady, thank you for letting us in to a very private moment. It was comforting and helpful for many people. Thanks
Aly

Thank you for sharing Stephanie. I am sorry for your loss. Your strength and courage are inspirational and infectious.

You are a strong person. Thank you for sharing a very private time. It is SO helpful to know that it can be a peaceful end to a horrible disease. Our home health nurse has told me that the morphine will take away that feeling that they cannot breathe, but my husband gets so upset when he can't catch his breath that I was afraid he would still struggle. It is a big comfort to know that it might not be as much of an issue as I had thought. Your story also lets me know that the end can happen much more quickly than expected. It helps to know that you must cherish every day and not think you have time left to share what needs to be shared. I am sorry for your loss. He was lucky to have you caring for him. May your memories give you and your family great comfort.
Janis

I am so sorry about your husband's death, but glad it was a peaceful end. Thank you for sharing that information.

sorry for your loss , it does ease my mind some

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back