What should I request at Clinic tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you, Mupstate! I’m glad you didn’t just walk away when they said you had no IR appointment. Sounds like some things are starting to fall into place.

Oh jeesh, Best, I have worked very hard on distinguishing when to persist and when to walk away. I used to persist as a knee-jerk reaction in all situations. In other words, my natural inclination is to stand my ground. One possible explanation is that my mother was a holocaust survivor. Apparently that can give the offspring kind of a chip on their shoulder.

I've always been that way. As a junior high student I made a stand, after contacting the ACLU that I should not get in trouble for not pledging allegiance to the flag. That was during the war in Vietnam. Also I was one of only two girls who broke the dress code in that same school by wearing pants to school one day. All the others lost their nerve at the last minute. It felt incredibly weird not to have to tuck my skirt under my legs when sitting at my desk. That feeling persisted all day long. But we won. The dress code was re-written not long after.

Wow, when I went to school we had to kneel on the hard quadrangle surface and teachers would come around with a ruler and measure the distance from the ground to our dress length. If the length was too short they would bring out a stitch ripper and rip the hem completely to bring the length back.
No wonder I was so scared of authority and eager to please as a child!

Sorry, back to the topic ...

So Australia has a lot of Catholics? I think that I had heard of something similar in religious schools. Were you able to wear pants? If not, when did that change there?

oh no I was raised very heavily protestant and this was a government public school! No pants, goodness me no, not for girls! This was in the 70's and I don't truly know when things changed now, been a while ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back