Status
Not open for further replies.

wewillbeatthis

Distinguished member
Hello ALS Family,

I need advise from all of you.... My Wedding day is coming up and I really need to figure out what to do about doing something special with dad without making him feel uncomfortable.... I know he will be hurt if we don't do something special.... Has anyone done something with there daughter or father when he or she are unble to dance cause they need a cane or a walker?

Please help I want him to have a great time and be happy and comfortable..... I am more worried aoubt this then the wedding itself....

thank you in advance for your response....

How about having him guide you to your groom on the dancefloor similar to what if he walks you down the isle?

Hi and congrad about your wedding I dont know if you can rent a wheel chair ,I would practice sitting on his lap and making the chair move to the music in a circle . Just a thought. Good Luck Pat

I saw a gymnist on tv the other day that has 2 canes, as he was born with a condition that affects his legs. His tumbling group incorporates the canes into his routine. Made me think-could you and Dad and the walker perform a slow dance? If you know anybody with corregraphy skills I bet they can plan out something where he can stand still at times and lead you at arms length, while yu make a few graceful turns and swirls. It could be quite inventive and attractive, to boot.

Wish I could explain it better but you had to see the show, I guess. Cindy

wewillbeatthis said:
Hello ALS Family,

I need advise from all of you.... My Wedding day is coming up and I really need to figure out what to do about doing something special with dad without making him feel uncomfortable.... I know he will be hurt if we don't do something special.... Has anyone done something with there daughter or father when he or she are unble to dance cause they need a cane or a walker?

Please help I want him to have a great time and be happy and comfortable..... I am more worried aoubt this then the wedding itself....

thank you in advance for your response....

wewill, how advanced is your dad's illness? As long as he can hold up, just don't let him get too tired. Have you thought about getting a wheel chair? If he wants to dance, just roll the wheel chair out to the middle of the floor, and play some slow music, country music, oldies. I am sure that he can grab a hold of someone's hand, and dance away while he is in the wheel chair. It would be better than worrying about him slipping of falling, but please let him have a good time, let him sip a little wine, bless his heart! Let him have the time of his dear life, it would make you feel better. I know my son went to my niece's wedding, and he danced! He was able to move still though, but please get him a wheel chair, I am sure the wedding attendees will leave room for him. Let me know! Let him have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back