what meds are they using for ALS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rilutek this is true it really doesn't help much

My husbands wife passed away with ALS and he said it really wasn't worth the cost when there is really no proof that it would help. Just making her life better and happy as long as she was here.
Kathy

QUOTE=Titi Lu]My father was diagnosed recently and I've been persistently researching about Rilutek, and somehow the general idea seems to be that it really isn't much help or worth the side effects.
I should clarify that my Dad has been a lifelong wine enthusiast and according to my research he can't have any alcoholic beverages with Rilutek. Mind you, I know that this may seem as a small sacrifice to make for such an overwhelming disorder/ condition, however this is one of my dad's greatest joys and at this point his enjoyment of life seems to be at the top of my list. Please, illuminate me. I'm just trying to help my Dad make the best of it.[/QUOTE]

Hi Kathy. There is proof that Rilutek helps but the jury is still out on how much longer it will give you. How long ago did your husband's wife pass away? If it was very long ago he could be using old information.
AL.

Rilutek

Hi! I just recently went through an ordeal getting Rilutek for my brother after his MDA Doctor told us that no prescription drug coverage, covers it. I was persistent in finding a way to get it for him, after a literal battle. The insurance does cover it. Just think an MDA Doctor not having information on other resources to get it. And I would have went that way had I not gotten it through his insurance.

I am giving it to Timothy starting next week. I have to do what ever it takes. I will keep you all updated on what it does or dosen't do for him.

Lorie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back