Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
For me it's exercise, stress, and caffeine.

Exercise for me as well.

Exercise, stress, dehydration made it bad for steve.

Definitely stress.

Dehydration, the curse of the drinking class.

I've never been dehydrated.....something I'll watch carefully. I still can drink and the only drink I like is water (I know I''m weird) so I end up drinking 10-12 large glasses a day plus I eat a ton of fruit.

When I briefly went on the ketogenic diet, the twitches decreased so I'm wondering if sugar might also be a problem for me. Not that it changes anything but I'm planning on doing a whole month of modified keto to see if anything changes.

Sugar makes mine worse

Hi All,
My fasciculations have increased quite a bit recently. Only my left leg for the last few years and now in my right leg and left arm and hand. I have no idea of what is causing them, just thought it was part of progression.
Given I do like to imbibe, (similar to Al above- I wonder if it's a CDN thing? LOL) I will keep an eye on that. Though my drink of choice is Gin and Tonic, they say Tonic is good for these.
Dehydration has also been mentioned above... I wonder what the symptoms of dehydration are? How would i know if I am dehydrated??
And i won't even mention the sugar (alcohol and chocolate chip cookies).
All good food for thought. Thank for raising the question, Kim

Some symptoms of dehydration are:
Dry mouth.
Tired or sleepy.
Decreased urine output.
Urine is low volume and more yellowish than normal.
Headache.
Dry skin.
Dizziness

Sometimes people mistake hunger for thirst. Being hungry can mean you're really thirsty and that symptom is frequently overlooked, especially in the obese or elderly.

Thank you for information any kind or your own experience

Definitely stress and exhaustion for me. Does anyone else get some really weird ones? I have one on the left side of the bridge of my nose (not the bottom of my nose where you'd expect a twitch, but the bridge!). It pushes against my glasses which is pretty annoying! I also have chin and upper lip ones. And today I got a new one along the bottom of my foot in the arch area (another odd spot I feel like!).

Kristina, I've had the foot arch ones since Summer 2014. That was the first place I got them. It goes nuts at night when I'm trying to relax in the lift chair. No amount of massage, soaking, moving makes it stop. The only time it stops is in the first few minutes in the morning before I get out of bed.

My right eye twitched for 3 solid months, then stopped. That was 6 months ago.

Thanks Kim! I'll pay more attention to my water intake, given all of the above symptoms of dehydration are occurring!
Sorry to hear your fasciculations seem to be off the charts! Mine in legs, feet and arm seem to go away when I shift my weight or alleviate any pressure. Its the leg cramps that don't disappear as easily, but that's for a different thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back