TiredDad

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello Everyone,

I am hoping to get some insight and to see if my symptoms sounds concerning. I will try to keep this brief. My issues started October 2018 when I began twitching. My twitching began in my foot and progressed from a few per day to hundreds a minute. Today my twitching is insane, as in all over hundreds of thousands a day from head to toe without a break in 3.5 years and no signs of stopping. That’s all normal for me now.

Within the past year or so I have had a few things change however that have me a little concerned. For starters I haven’t slept through the night in months, and I probably pee 20+ times a day (seems unrelated but wanted to mention). In addition, I seriously struggle with dizziness and drops in blood pressure, to the point where I lose my vision for several seconds when standing almost every time. I also have feet, hands and entire limbs fall asleep randomly all the time and if I get worked up or hot I get a sensation of water droplets on my skin all over.

What really bothers me however is my tongue. There are a few things going on with it that to me are worrisome. One is that there is a coating on it that I just can’t get to go away no matter what I do. I also get intense pain and feeling like food getting stuck when swallowing solids and liquids. This started with only foods like peanut butter but now it is almost all foods. Finally, when I stick out my tongue it isn’t in the middle of my mouth. It doesn’t necessarily point one way but the mid-line is clearly on the side of one of my front teeth instead of in between them.

I have several other complaints such as cramping and tired muscles (my pinky toes will cramp and then hold the cramp in place for several seconds, as in my toe will be pointed to the side), but the ones above are my biggest concerns. In case it’s of interest I am a fit 35 year old man.

Thank you in advance.

Your PCP is in the best position to baseline, monitor and refer you out as needed for all this, but I see no resemblance to ALS.

Peeing a lot, dizziness/vision changes when standing, etc. call for a full evaluation by an internist. Just go. If yours is not up for it, find another one. Nothing on the Internet is even a close substitute.

Best,
Laurie

Fair enough. So nothing of concern related to ALS in your opinion in regards to my tongue and painful swallowing?

Not to me. I would continue working with your docs to get to the bottom of whatever is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back