Diagnosis
06/2008
Country
AU
State
NSW
City
Sydney
Hello guys, my dad was detected with anterior horn cell disease and was wondering if it is indeed MND or ALS and are there any differences. any help will be much appreciated...

Hi Caroline. Guess this shows we both know how to Google. Great minds think alike EH?
AL.

snap!

lol al, im a whizz on the old google.
i think we need to get out more lol.
take good care.
caroline:-D

Hi Caroline. Guess this shows we both know how to Google. Great minds think alike EH?
AL.

.... and, you were within three minutes of each other! (but yet Caroline was 5 hours ahead time zone wise) ... I think I need to check out that link "just because"

thanks very much guys

Thanks caroline/al/rose, I did google this and downloaded the doc but got a bit confused with the liberal use of medical jargon:-D just wanted to know if the degeneration is similar to that with mnd. nothing specific about this in old adults...
by the way you guys are great..have been reading the various forums through the night..

I've read about the Anterior Horn disease before, if I can find the link I will post it. I agree that this forum is great, it brings us together. Here I was saying how Caroline was 5 hours ahead of me, and you're at least 15! It helps shrink the world a bit, doesn't it! If I find the information I'd read earlier, I'll make sure to post it for you, take care, :)

Hello Sharad

Anterior horn cell disease is a disease of the anterior/ventral (anterior and ventral can be used interchangeably) part of the spinal cord (the anterior part of the spinal cord is the side that we would see if we could see our spinal cord through the front of our bodies). It contains the lower motor neurons. Therefore, it would entail diseases such as PMA and ALS (although the upper motor neurons would also need to be affected to be diagnosed with ALS). Why do you ask by the way?

thanks for your support rose. hello wright. reason for asking is that my dad has been diagnosed with the same and you guys have been a huge help and support in finding information.

Sharad

Wow

The links were some good reads...thanks for the info!:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back