Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rose~So sorry about the eye issues. Neither issue sounds goods but, 'MD' is definitely something you don't want. No star in the eye is a good thing.

Sephora is my daughters favorite makeup store. I am about 1/2 hour from short hills. See, if I drove, we could have done some shopping, then went to 'Johnny Rockets' for lunch. A little afternoon entertainment would be nice.

Maybe you should try Beth's grandmas trick, and pee in a tea cup while you can see the bright color. :) (I hope I have the right grandma)

Brenda ~ practicing medicine LOL :lol: I will have to remember that, would be nice to throw out there to a doctor, if I could only get one with a sense of humor again.

Lovelily, isn't that mall something else! I'm not really a shopper, or much of a looker, but it is so upscale and nice. When I first officially moved to Jersey, I was living here in Bergen county, but I got into this habit of going to the short hills mall because it was relatively near to the airport and I was familiar with it as I'd had temporary apartments near it, So, I'd come in from an international trip, almost always on a Sunday afternoon, majorly jet lagged, and would make myself stop there if I had to do any shopping, for the purpose of trying to stay awake for a few hours and make it closer to a normal bedtime. Long story short is that I lived up in Bergen County for probably close to two years before I found out that there are no retail stores, including the Paramus mall open on Sundays! Who knew? I was not working one weekend, and had this nice efficient shopping trip planned, was going to PetSmart, (not open) needed to make a return at the mall (not open) and there was somewhere else too. :oops: so.... now I know.

.... I changed my avatar again just for the boys here as they've been so kind, I thought they might like a topless one of me (even as I type this, I think about people stumbling across this post after the picture has long been changed again, I am getting a chuckle ha ha ha :wink: ) oh, its all in fun

I changed my avatar again just for the boys here as they've been so kind, I thought they might like a topless one of me

rose, you are a tease.:)

What an adorable baby picture! See, you were a cutie pie way back then, too!

Hi Rose~Yeah, Paramus Malls (Garden State Plaza) and the rest, are still closed because of the 'blue' laws.

Have you ever been to 'Willowbrook' Mall? That's in Passaic County. Another great place to shop. I used to work there when I was a teenager. I made $3.85 an hour. Wow. minimum wage. It was a nice chunk of change in the early seventies.

Love the baby pic. Have a good day!

I'm shocked that you two men actually know what foundation is...........

Rose, I am praying it's not MD.

Crystal, I know! I was pretty impressed too (about Z & K) I wonder if their wives know that this is not the norm! ...

Re: the Macular D, I'm already dreading having to have that repeat angiogram in a few months from now. I think I need to take a valium or something before my appt next time:|

K & Z, that picture was from my "blonde" period 8) I think I have another on the computer, when I'm a little older... going to check now. Having grown up in south florida, there is no lack of minimally clothed baby photos of me ~ I'd planned on changing my avatar back to what it had been, but I lost the photo I was using. Its like it just doesn't exist on my computer anymore...... I love the new Gumby by the way. I was glowing that way myself yesterday, just yellow instead of the green!

Rose~

I loooooove sephora! My mom and I go there all the time. No matter what happens to our bodies (wieght) a girl always has her make up. I lived at that store during pregnancies and after. I love all the make up, perfume, hair, etc..........

On a funny make up note, one time awhile back my husband said at our couples wedding shower that he was glad that I did not wear mascera and all that stuff and that I was a natural blonde? OK, I said do you even LOOK at me, or live with me? I mean I am blonde, but not this color and being born blonde my eye lashes are non existent with make up! IT was just so funny that he did not have a clue. I never let him see me get ready back in those days. WELL, he gets an eyefull these days after 3 kids and too busy to get all dolled up for him on a daily basis. I use to run to the bathroom and fluff before he got home. ( I still do but not like a did)

I hope things work out for your eyes!

April, That is so cute about your husband :) BTW, we did stop (at a different Sephora) on the way to the airport today when he was going to work, and I got the new foundation, so far its everything I'd hoped for and more.... Ulta is good too, there is one less than a mile from me, but it doesn't carry as many brands.

ok, I am going to try it. I am ALWAYS looking for the perfect fondation. I have fair skin so it can hard. "make up forever". I am in....I hope it works for me. My skin is so different these days. It is thinner or less plump you may say and my eyes have a sunken look these days, so I need something Wonderful to help me!

April,

The High Definition foundation had many many shades to choose from.....I got the foundation and the setting powder too (which is white but goes on translucent), and I just fluffed it on with a brush rather than using a powder puff. I really really like it! If you are ever wanting product reviews there is a website called makeup alley (all one word though) you have to sign up to read reviews, but they never send you spam or anything, completely advertisement free, I don't know if I've ever even gotten an email from the website. My daughter and I both have found it has saved us falling victim to advertising.

Not only do I know about foundation from having a wife but remember, I also have 3 daughters.

Oh, and the new Gumby avatar features "Radioactive Gumby". (That's why he glows!)

Zaphoon, please tell me that at least the family dog/cat/ goldfish is a male! So, I guess maybe you relate to gumby (or wish you could bend like him) from being wrapped around so many little fingers ;)

The cat is neutered.

Dang rose - changed the avatar again but it needs to be from about 20-30 years later! Or current for that matter!8)

Nah, that probably would be inappropriate for the forum, but you can PM me:-D

I will reciprocate with me in a Speedo!:mrgreen:

Ah, just havin' fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back