Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
I love that I can tell really terrible stories that are funny is a sick way and other pals and cals will laugh with me because they understand. When I tell my stories to outsiders they get a mortified look on their faces, which makes me laugh all the more!

I just told my prune juice martini story in my last post--I am sure many of you were thinking "hmmm, interesting enema" and laughing.

Here is another awful and funny one--

I was helping my husband pee in his urinal at night and was not completely awake. after he was done, I tipped it the wrong way and poured the whole thing all over him and the bed! OMG! the hollering and mess! it took 45 minutes to get him and the bed cleaned up and another 45 to get both of us calmed down and back to sleep.
Everytime I think about it I laugh--now, but it sure wasn't funny then...

Thank you all for understanding!:lol:

Oh Barbie... Too funny! Getting Rog out of cabs is pretty funny in our world!

Jen

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh Barbie, the picture of you and your hub in my mind! I'll bet you woke up in a hurry after you dumped the pee pot! :) Poor babies.

Giggling over your stories Barbie. You tell a good story.

Laurel

OMG _ Barbie- funny story. (now)

Reminds me when I was 13, decked out in my new starched candy stripper uniform, ready and eager to deliver snacks to patients on "my" ward. You will understand my devastation when my very first patient, a frail bed-ridden elderly gentleman soon began hollering "get out!- get out!". (I can hear his voice like it was yesterday)

I had poured apple juice into a glass, put in an ice cube, and for the best part, added one of those nifty bending hospital straws, brought it his lips and urged him to take a little sip. That's when his hollering peaked to new heights.

Hey- I was a kid- and never ever ever had I seen a urinal before!

I thought it was a pitcher.

Barbie and Elaine...Great stories! Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Thanks girls.. :) :) :)

Good one Barbie---loved the good laugh! I read the forum almost everyday to help my PALS and a good laugh was perfect medicine today! We were cracking up today about something....can't remember what it's been a busy day, but in any case it sure helps with the Tilt-a-whirl of emotions that can creep in! You're post was inspirational---laughter is great medicine!

Barbie,

I love it! That is so true about us isn't it? People look at us like we have three heads.

My husband recently got splits for his hands/wrists & has braces for his legs - he looks like I broke all of his limbs!

If we cant laugh what do we have left. Hang in there.

Oh my Gosh, you are so right! About a year ago, I was at work and reading a post on the forum by Brooksea or Katie about the angles and dangles their Pals was doing all night in their hospital bed. Maybe if you search on 'Taco' you might be able to find it. Hilarious! Anyway, I'm laughing my head off and my cube mate walks in and says "Are you laughing at the ALS site again? Man, you are some kind of sick!" That only made me laugh harder.

Thank you, all, for sharing my sickness!

A laugh just when I needed it - thank you ladies

One thing though...........................

"Candy stripper uniform" ummmm and wondering if this was stripped! - laughing even more now:-D

:lol:Nice catch, Rachel:lol::lol::):)

Thanks for the laughs ladies. The two stories made me laugh and cheered up my day. Hope you have a good week. Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back