04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
No, this is not about my ALS!

Some of you seem to have a touchingly optimistic view of what I can fix here.

I can do NOTHING about website issues. General or personal. When the site malfunctions I suffer along with you. I recently received a couple of requests to help a member recover a password. Beyond my abilities. Ditto issues with private message. I also can not moderate blogs

I can moderate posts both from the auto mod and if something gets posted that is inappropriate. I can ban spammers and other low lifes. And I can move, merge and close the threads. By the way I think the OP can also close threads. Is this true does anyone know? I can't check this myself

If you need something beyond my capabilities I suggest you either pm David. ( that is my method of contact I do not have special access) or use the contact us option from the link on start page ( don't use the website problem link because that just sends you to post on forum.

Thanks everyone. If I could help I would but I can't and it expends energy on both sides to keep asking and explaining!

MaxEidswick

Legendary member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Pinehurst
>Thanks everyone. If I could help I would but I can't

thank you, Nikki, for all you do do :) and, I guess, for not spreading the doodoo :)!

monster

Distinguished member
Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NJ
City
USA
There is so much work behind what all you mods do. I know you and Beky both have helped me on occasions.
Thank you so much for keeping us moving foward and always doing a
Great job in helping us!

JimInVA

Forum Supporter
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
VA
City
Poquoson
Nikki - Sometimes we just need you to hold our hand and tell us it will eventually be okay (i.e. when David gets to it). And you do that so well. And at other times, you appear out of nowhere with a solution to a problem we're not even aware of yet. Forgive us if we then subconsciously push you a bit higher on the "Forum God Yardstick". Regardless, thank you for what you (and other equally endowed personages) are able to do for our benefit...

Jim

Nikki J

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Thanks all. Beky and I do what we can but our scope is limited as is our energy. Thanks for understanding

Barbie

Extremely helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
love you Nikki!

GregK

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
CO
City
Colorado Springs
Nikki,
> By the way I think the OP can also close threads. Is this true does anyone know?

Yep, just tested it; it's under Thread Tools. See Testing "OP close" of thread

Nikki J

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Thanks Greg good to know! Appreciate you taking the time and effort to check!

vickim

Very helpful member
Reason
Friend was DX
Diagnosis
03/2012
Country
US
State
MO
City
aaaa
Nikki, you are the best you can be, both as a moderator and person. You and Beky do a great job and I appreciate all that you do. Thank you both.

skipper66

Very helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
SMALL TOWN IN
Sorry if I bothered you Nicki. I thought you would be able to fix it or get in touch with David because it at first wouldn't le me. I went to the contact us and to send any message it had those code like things that you had to type in first. I couldn't decipher any of them so my friend helped me figure out what they actually said. David even gave me a easier password now that I will be able to remember easily. lol

Nikki J

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
I wish I could have helped but as I said could not directly fix nor do I have any special contact with David above what any member does. Glad you got back! I never followed the contact us through to actually send a message. Was the problems one of those captcha things? Hate those!

skipper66

Very helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
SMALL TOWN IN
Yes, it was and it was a extremely hard one to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.