Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
CA
City
Lake Forest
Can someone please tell me how I can find posts that are older than a year or so?

I've tried and tried to find some of the first posts I made in October of 2006 but have not been able to find them. Do they disappear after a specified time? Is there a way to do a search to find them?

Today I participated in a Harley ride in memory of my friend Linda who passed away after a long battle with ALS. The purpose of the ride was twofold. To remember Linda and all PALS as well as raise money for a local family whose wife/mother is a PALS. This ride was the first of what we hope to be an annual memory ride. I met the lady and her family at the restaurant after the ride and told them about this forum. They had a lot of questions and wanted to know specifics about knowing what to look for towards the end. After more than an hour of talking to them and offering to help anyway possible, I referred them to this forum because I remembered how much help I received
when I first came here looking for help and answers to some of the same questions.
My heart just broke as I watched this beautiful woman (she's just 38 years old and has two daughters and a wonderful husband) work so hard to speak the words that are next to impossible to understand. I was so thankful at that moment for the time I
spent helping Linda. My experience with her allowed me to minister to them in a way
that only comes from "having been there".

This family is struggling to hang on and they have so many questions. Hopefully those very helpful posts are still available.
Thanks,
Jeanne

Hi Jeanne. I could only find the last 60 posts of yours. If you know the topic, it might come up in a "search" but i am sure you thought of that. We will have to ask David. I forwarded your reguest to him.

Hi Jeanne! Nice post there! Am very pleased to hear from you, and yes, I remember when your dear friend Linda passed from this horrendous disease. May she rest in peace along with all of our dear Pals that have departed. You sound like such a wonderful person God will reward you for being there for this lady. Does she live near you? It must have been hard on you when you ran across someone with Als since Linda passed. I haven't seen anyone with Als yet since my son passed, other than TV, and it breaks my heart. Even reading these posts still tears me up. I am sure you know of Freddy Everett, netty's young musician husband. They are having a fundraiser for him this coming Saturday and Sunday here in Houston, my brother and I are planning on going if God is willing. I am counting on going. I would love to meet Freddy and netty. I know it's going to be emotional for me when I meet Freddy, but I am going to remember what my son used to tell me, "Please mom, no tears. Tears bring me down." I will never forget that. Hopefully it will be a nice day, I am sure it will be, our Spring days are always wonderful. Have you checked out Freddy's myspace web page? It is awesome! A very, very talented young man. God bless him and netty. Okay Linda, gotta scoot, may God bless you.

Irma

Oops, so sorry Jeane, for calling you Linda! Please forgive me!

Irma

Hi Cindy. Thanks for passing the request on to David. I did try searching but was unsuccessful in finding any of those old posts. Hopefully they are safely tucked away in cyberspace and can be easily found. By the way, how is your mom doing? I think of you and her often.

Jeanne

Hi Irma,

You are so sweet with your kind words of affirmation. Thank you.

Yes the lady does live very near to me. I look forward to being able to help this precious family during their darkest hours. God has put several people with ALS
in my path since Linda died. However, this will be the first time I'll be helping in person
(face to face) and I do wonder if I've still got the physical strength to do what I did with Linda. It's been a year and a half since I've lifted and transferred, bathed, cried with, etc. so we'll see how it goes. I never imagined I'd be capable to do what I did then
but God saw us/me through and I'm sure, if it's something He wants me to do again he'll provide all I need.

Enjoy the weekend. You are a special lady with a big heart for others. Don't be afraid
of the pain that comes with opening your heart to those in need. I know what you mean about it being hard and your heart hurting but knowing that you are one of so few people in this world who truly understand. . . is a rare gift you can give to a PALS in need. You son would be so proud.

Take care Irma, you're one of the good ones.
Jeanne

Thank you Jeanne! Am happy to hear that lady lives close to you. Will be looking forward to your posts, and God bless you and your new Pals.

Irma

Hi Jeanne- thanks for asking about my Mom. The light in her eyes is fading fast. She asks, when she knows how to, to go see her dad and Jesus. I give her permission but she always was determined and very strong, so her body will not do what her heart wants. She will be 86 next month.

Cindy,

I am sorry, it must be hard to lose her day by day.

Thankfully she knows Jesus. I hope that gives you comfort and peace.

I hope you're enjoying this beautiful Spring as much as I am.

Take care,
Jeanne

I am enjoying this Spring!

David and I have been "talking" about the old threads. He thinks the old posts stay around forever but we did change software back in 2006 so perhaps that explains why we cannot find them. LOL, you may have to rely on your memory, Jeanne. If it is like mine I wish you luck!

Cindy - Thanks for the information. It's too bad if all that great information is gone forever. I wish I had known there was a chance I'd not be able to retrieve it I would have printed it and saved it "old school" style.

I am wondering if anyone else who was around back then (10/06) has access to posts that old on their profile?

My memory is a problem these days but I'll never forget all that I learned and experienced over that period of time that I helped Linda. I can remember most of the great information I received from so many of the people from this forum but I'll never be able to recapture the kindness and understanding so perfectfully expressed in the words that were written at that time.

I'll always be grateful for the support and brotherly love so freely given.

Counting my blessings,
Jeanne

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm off searching right now.

Thank you CJ. I guess we had a mis-communication going on here. I told david that a search was not working. I guess I shoudl have asked Jeanne if she tried that! LOL. See what happend when we assume? thanks for clearing things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back