Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike and Marcia

Marcia, Thanks for your questions. I don't know but you seem to ask, what I am thinking. Mike, thanks for your replys, you reply to what i am thinking.
Gail seems to be progressing AND IT scares the crap out of me. relaxation seems to be the key, but doing that is a challenge, since knowing you have ALS is stressful.
Has reality really set in for you and your sisiter Marcia? We are still having difficulty with that here. I really don't like the reality! either does Gail.

I don't know, except that I just hate all of this.. I am okay to say this right? I hate all of this and wish we didn't know any thing about ALS like we did a few months back..I would swear if I could, but I am sure I can't, so I won't . I hate this, but I will be strong for her and Tim, and I will do the best I can as a friend. what a drag this is.
any how, just a bad night. no big deal. tomorrow, we will plug along as usual.

Barbie4

One day at a time friend. One day at a time.

Al said:
One day at a time friend. One day at a time.

Agree with Al, that is the best way to approach this if you can do it. The key thing is, as my psychologist tells me, no emotion you feel when you get news like this is "wrong"- anger, denial, shock, it is all perfectly normal.

For what it is worth, if you look back on my first posts here, you will see that I was lost and terrified. Since then (it is almost four months now) I've slowly come to terms with it and gone back to living as best I can with this cloud hanging over my head. Sometimes I even forget for awhile that I have it (until I need to do something which requires hand dexterity, or my leg starts twitching, and I'm "reminded"). As time passes this will happen for you and your sister as well. Remember that this is an asymmetrical disease, a period of quick progression may be followed by a "plateau". So hang in there.

Thanks

I know you are right. Some days are just too hard and I would rather crawl into a deep hole and hide instead of having to face this. I am sure you understand. I just wish there was a "best friend with ALS" handbook to tell what the right thing to do and say. That sounds silly I know.
Thanks for your support.
Today is another day.

:) Barbie4 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back