Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
GER
State
Bayern
City
Nürnberg
Hey, i am 18 years old, from germany, and i am really concerned about having ALS. I have fasciculations for 2 and a half years now in my entire body. But the fasciculations moved slowly from 1 place to another. 2 months ago i started to have a strange feeling when walking on my left leg tin the same time when the fasciculations reached my left leg. I can still walk without falling, but it feels like i have to concentrate more than before. When i do sports the muscles in my left leg are starting to hurt very fast but i don't think they cramp. I have never had a cramp, at least i think so.
Coming to my real Problem. I noticed that this strange feeling while walking comes from my left big toe. For example if i put my legs at a table and claw with my toes at the roof i can barely hold this position with my left toe. I mean i can still move this muscle but it is weaker then before.When i put my foots in front of me and contract the big toes i can push the left one more easily up then the right one. I read that it is very rare to get this disease in my age, but if it isn't ALS what then?
In a real ALS progression, how long does it take that other muscles get weaker? And what do you think about the fact that i had fasciculations for nearly 2 years without any other symptom.

I realy appreciate your work here, dealing with hypochondriacs like me. But I imagine not a symptom.

J, if there is a real position that you used to be able to hold with your foot that you cannot, while holding it with the other foot, you should see a doctor. You could have an old injury, a benign condition, a bad shoe, many things. But as you say, ALS does not appear part of the picture, so rest easy.

Best,
Laurie

Since one Month i feel weakness and sometimes a little bit burning in my left leg. I fell something like a draw in it. If i take a position with my left leg it starts to twitch. What do you think about that?

I think your muscles are tight or you have irritated a nerve. Static stretching, heat and PT if needed are all good options. Nothing here points to ALS.

I am realy thankfull for the time you guys spend here to help people. God bless you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back